HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Masturbation question - Does the big "O" feel the same after surgery? Masturbation question - Does the big "O" feel the same after surgery?

Unread 01-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Masturbation question - Does the big "O" feel the same after surgery?

OK I'm just DYING of anticipation. I haven't tried to go "solo" yet as I'm scared to pop internal stitches. Does the big "O" feel the same after surgery when you masturbate? I had a LAVH and I feel pretty good after 5 weeks and can't stop thinking of trying outercourse with my pal the shower massage.... it's been too long....
Unread 01-12-2005, 11:36 PM

Do not be afraid if things don't feel exactly the same the first few times. A lot of nerves and blood vessels have been disturbed, a lot of swelling has gone on - it might not be exactly the way you remember it.

My first few weeks after I resumed activity it seemed like mine were quicker, shallower and (I know this sounds weird) higher pitched. Now, months later they feel just the same as they did before surgery.

Getting nervous or anxious about things will not make it any easier, so just relax and enjoy new sensations and if it doesn't go completely as you expected, just wait a few days and try again.

Take care.
Unread 01-13-2005, 12:13 AM

Thanks for the reply, juniper. Am also curious as to how long after the surgery have most "resumed activity."
Unread 01-13-2005, 02:29 AM

I tried 'flying solo' (love that term )
at about 3 weeks, it took longer the frst time, but it was hard to relax to start with.
Then ... Yep, still all works fine
Unread 01-13-2005, 02:50 AM

Hi!

I tried at 8 weeks.

I agree with Tanis. All is A o.k. Had SAH, kept ovaries.

Joanne
Unread 01-13-2005, 05:24 AM
good yet different

hi etk,,,
i tried at 3wks and succeeded,it takes a bit longer at first,and the intensity can be different.i suppose it depends on what kind of 'O' you used to have whether it was just vag or uterine contractions as well.if it was uterine well obviously they will be gone so your left with a milder'O' but still fantastic none the less. i had a tvh with vag and rect repairs.
hope this helpsotion:

hugs ninam
Unread 01-13-2005, 06:12 AM

I just love you gals. That question has been on my mind, but I have to admit... I wouldn't admit it.

I was scared to death that I was going to lose interest and here I am having dreams about it (3 weeks post-op and full of complications even!!)

Thank you for asking the question, and thank you for setting my mind at ease. I'm too young to be my mother ;0)
Unread 01-14-2005, 06:47 PM

Hi ladies,

I posted this reply on another post-op question, but you may have missed it. so here goes.......
My doc said that I shouldn't have intercourse for 3 to 4 more weeks. (at 2 week check up). Definitely does not want me to, but said if we couldn't control ourselves, it wouldn't be the end of the world. WELL OF COURSE WE COULDN'T!!
First attempt was a little painful, and we stopped. Second was successful. Even the big "O", but not as intense.
Here is what I have in mind, before surgery, doc said my 'drive' would not be affected. Of course, dh sitting there, says "I want it to increase" lol, and doc said we could always use some topical creams. So I have ordered a tube of "Herbal Viva for Women" from drugstore.com. It hasn't arrived yet, and doc told me not to do that again! But when I am cleared, watch out! Don't know how well it will work, but I'm looking forward to finding out.
My point is, the question is asked a lot, but one thing that I haven't seen anyone else mention is the topical creams, and even some tablets, you can buy to increase the big "Os" intensity and make it last longer. Like I said, I don't know if they work, but I'm sure anxious to try. Of course, I will check with my doc about this one in particular before I do. Before surgery, I would get infections from bubble baths, so I can't be too careful!

Good luck! Hope this helps.

Lisa

TVH:12/20/04 cervix out, ovaries in. adenomyosis, enlarged uterus, hormonal imbalance, heavy bleeding and clotting.
Unread 01-14-2005, 06:52 PM

Ha ha! I enjoyed reading these posts, but hey, I ain't talkin'!

My adult daughter knows how to read my posts.
Unread 01-14-2005, 08:38 PM

At 2 weeks we tried outercourse and it was great for me. At 4 weeks oral worked to. My Doc cleared me for intercourse at 4 weeks if gently done. Didn't work. Now I have vaginal irritation and a possible UTI. We will wait to see if "it" happens after this clears up.

LSH & adhesion repairs kept ovaries & cervix

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.