urodynamic tests results from my gyn today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

urodynamic tests results from my gyn today urodynamic tests results from my gyn today

Unread 01-14-2005, 05:25 PM
urodynamic tests results from my gyn today

My gyn called me at work today. He said my urodynamic tests showed I have stress continence and need a urethral suspension. I have leakage under high stress and my bladder is able to hold a large amt. that was good news at least. He said the stress continence will only get worst as time goes on if I don't get it fixed. I have to see a urologist Tuesday. My gyn is not cancelling my posterior repairs for the 25th yet. We will have to wait and see if the urologist is avaliable to do the repairs at the same time.There are several urologists in that practice, so I am hoping one will be avaliable. My pre op appt. is supposed to be Wed. with my gyno. My gyn said there is no need to not fix it at the same time, then end up needing the suspension down the road. I don't need to keep having more surgeries.
I am just hoping the 25th will be a go. I have had enough!My dr. also wants the urologist to check to see if I have a cystocele. the urodynamic technician didn't look.
I can either have a spinal or general anesthesia with my repairs. I am opting for a spinal, because I don't want to be put out again. Twice was enough.
Do any of you know what is the name of a urethral suspension used with vaginal repairs? I just want it to be pernament and be on my way to my new life.

Thanks
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2005, 11:53 PM

The tension-free vaginal tapes that are mentioned on this site quite often are used for urethral suspensions. There are several different brands that are used and a couple of different ways they are placed. The latest and greatest urethal slings are placed via the vagina, under the urethra, and anchored to the patients own fascia just above the pubic bone on both sides.
I had the Monarc Subfasical Hammock done 10 months ago. The procedure only takes 15-20 minute to do and the complication rate is very low. Initial recovery time is 2-3 weeks with full recovery around 3-4 months.
You can do an internet search for "urethral slings", "Monarc Hammock", or "tension-free vaginal tape" and will get lots of returns.
Stay well,
diana
Unread 01-15-2005, 06:22 AM

Hi Peggy,

I am glad you finally got an answer from your gynae regarding your urodynmics test. I am sorry it means you are facing more surgery but have my fingers crossed that there will be a urologist available on the 25th so you can get it all done at once. I wonder why the technician didn't check for a cystocele, or is it the case that urodynamics canot reveal these?

I hope all goes ok on Tuesday with the Urologist and everything goes ahead as planned on the 25th. I will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts from "across the pond" that this surgery cures all your problems.

I am still waiting for a date for my urodynamic tests (that's the NHS for you!!), but the gynae who performed my hyseterectomy is also a qualified uro-gynaecologist, so he will be overseeing all my tests results and subsequent treatment without the need of getting a urologist involved. A urologist did see my IVP test results that revealed I had a duplex kidney system - with 4 kidneys and 4 ureters going into my bladder!! - but I have never seen the urologist myself, which I found odd, but again that is the NHS for you. The urologist and GP discussed my case but didn't bother to keep my informed, other than to say they do not think at the moment I required surgery, although vesicoureteral reflux was mentioned....? My uro-gynae also seemed to think that my duplex kidney systems were not a factor in my currently suspected "prolapse/overactive/hypermbobile bladder issues". I guess only time will tell......

Anyway, sorry to hijack your post Peggy. I wish you all the best and hope that your recent medical nightmare will soon come to an end and you will be able to enjoy a pain free live very soon.

Sue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2005, 01:02 PM

im glad you have recieved your results.
i have my fingers crossed that you can have everything fixed with one surgery.

i actually sighned a paper giving my gynocoligist permission to fix anything he should find wrong, other than the cystocel, rectocel TVH.

take care peggy
Unread 01-15-2005, 06:58 PM

Thanks ladies
I will post back here Tuesday night and let you know what the urologist has to say.
I do wonder though if the prolapses can be causing the sensation of incontinence. I don't even leak enough to get my undies wet. Just have alot of pressure and feel damp.
During the test I had to do the valsavar maneuver ( pushing like trying to have a bm). I leaked under alot of pressure. I was wondering if the prolapses were gone where I won't have to strain to go to the bathroom, maybe I wouldn't leak at all?Another question to write down for Tuesday. I will have quite a list.

Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register