HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Time for Curves

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Curves Shakes--Ideas to share for flavor Curves Shakes--Ideas to share for flavor

Unread 01-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Curves Shakes--Ideas to share for flavor

Ok, I'm in week one of Phase 1 of the Curves diet. After two days of having my daily shake...I knew I had to find something to add to it.
I got the vanilla one, figuring I could add stuff. The last few days, I've added a serving of Frozen Strawberries or Frozen Blueberries to the shake in the blender, and made a fairly good shake out of it. The frozen berries take the place of the ice cubes, and I get a very cold, and better tasting meal.
Anyone else have any favorite things that do with the Curves shake mixes, that helps make them go down a little easier?
I really want to drink these and see if they actually do help. I could do this daily, but I'm worried of growing bored with the same tastes.
Unread 01-31-2005, 06:16 PM

Nancy, you can basically add the powder to any smoothie recipe. Just if you use fruits, milk or yogurts, account for them appropriately.

There's a bunch of smoothie recipes in the hysteritaville healthwise recipe section that might give you some ideas.

Other simpler things you can do are add 1/4 teaspoon banana extract (to either flavor). 1/2 tsp lemon extract to the Vanilla. 1/4 tsp Peppermint extract to the chocolate.

Even more decadent, add 2 Tablespoons sugarfree instant pudding mix. Blend with ice, chill for a bit and you'll have a pudding treat. (for somereason I think I used to add 1 1/2 tsps plain gelatin already dissolved in water).

Guess I should add I didn't use the Curves shakes, but do use protein powders... it all works the same.

BSQ
Unread 01-31-2005, 06:22 PM

orange extract is great as well in the vanillia !!
Unread 01-31-2005, 11:49 PM

(((Nancy)))

At my Curves we have a list of recipes we give out when a member purchases the shakes. Ask if your Curves has recipe sheets - if they don't I can send you one.

Unread 02-01-2005, 02:42 AM

You can also mix them with diet soda. Use Orange crush for one that tastes like an orange push-up dairy treat. Use root beer to make one that tastes like a root beer float. Add some ice cubes to make it thicker.
Unread 02-15-2005, 06:54 AM

Hi Mary Lynn, Can you send me a list of the shake variations? Is it different from what is in the workbook? We have ladies who really dont want to drink the shake. They think it's nasty and dont want to be bothered. I like the chocolate and add peanut butter. Any other tasty ideas? Thanks, sharon
Unread 03-19-2005, 05:50 PM
curves shakes

Here 's something that works for me. I add 1 tsp. instant coffee (decaf). It goes well with either the chocolate or the vanilla, along with a tsp. vanilla flavoring.

Also - when my gyno had me ditch dairy products, I found out that 8th continent light chocolate soy milk has roughly the same calories and carbs and skim cow's milk. Now I use light chocolate soy milk for my shakes! (The only thing is, you have to blend it well, or the mix is a bit lumpy)

Foor extra flavor, Da Vinci makes sugar free syrups to add to coffee. They are no sugar, no calories, no carbs.

Hope this helps - good luck on your diet!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.