HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

getting pregnant without a UTERUS!!! getting pregnant without a UTERUS!!!

Unread 01-23-2001, 07:17 PM
getting pregnant without a UTERUS!!!

My MOM just can't believe I'm not going to have my periods anymore. She keeps asking me how "that time of the month" is going to be. I keep answering GREAT! I'm not having that "time" anymore! She still doesn't quite get it. I guess you can have 3 kids and still not really know how they got here!

Margaret
Unread 01-23-2001, 10:32 PM

Holly-
I still don't know how that could be. Where would the placenta be attached to and where would the amniotic fluid be???? I believe (though I'm not sure) that the baby needs the amniotic fluid. Something just doesn't sound right there. I would believe that maybe it could happen (one chance in a million) but you wouldn't in any way be able to carry to full term.
Unread 01-24-2001, 03:20 AM
Ectopic Pregnancies

Yes, a fetus can grow outside the uterus. It is rare that it would grow to full term. It just attaches somewhere inside the abdomen and grows, along with the placenta and all the other stuff it needs. It is a very dangerous situation though, because the bag could rupture and make a big mess inside the abdomen. I'm surprised that if it is known this woman has an ectopic pregnancy the doctors haven't removed it by now. Maybe she has refused?

It shouldn't be haard to understand this is possible if one considers the fact that the uterine lining can grow outside the uterus (endometriosis).

I wonder what will happen to this woman . . .
Unread 01-24-2001, 08:23 AM
do I get another crown then?

Well...if mine grows back and I get another hyst do I get another crown? LOL!! Have to admit......I have sort of enjoyed some of this Princess stuff...being waited on, all my friends here!! NO HOUSEWORK!! LOL!!

{{{{{{{{{hugs for humor}}}}}}}}}}
kaatie
Unread 01-24-2001, 02:12 PM
more on pregnancy outside of uterus...

This woman is going to have a c-section in a couple weeks to deliver her baby. It's totally healthy and everything. I don't know how there is amniotic fluid either, weird, huh?

Here's another story she told me of another friend, (must be something in the water in Utah )Anyway, this other lady was supposedly infertile when she missed her period. She took a pregnancy test and it was positive. She went in for a prenatal checkup, they did an ultrasound but found no heartbeat or baby. They said she wasn't pregnant. The next month, she takes another test, positive again. She goes back in, they do ultrasound but no baby in uterus. They figure it's in her fallopian tubes. They schedule a c-section to remove the fetus before her tube ruptures. When they get in there, there is no baby to be found in either tube. They close her up and send her home. The next week, she goes in again and did one more ultrasound, there was a baby and heartbeat this time and she was 3 months along. The baby is perfectly healthy, even after going through anesthesia and everything. This poor lady is in pain though due to her growing tummy and c-section incision. Can you believe it? Is it scary the people we have out there who call themselves doctors?
Unread 01-24-2001, 03:39 PM

This thread is really titled OLD WIVE'S TALES.... Do you believe?!!

Sheeesh... and I thought I'd heard everything. These take the cake. You'd think the Globe, Star or Enquirer would have plastered this stuff in the grocery stores.

go figure

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.