I went to my gyn on Jan.11th he told me to wait on sex because my internal stitches have not dissolved completely. He told me to give it a couple weeks, so its been 2 weeks. I really don't know if i should, how do i know that there dissolved? I think i should wait a little longer, what do you girls think ? I don't want it to hurt and i'm a little nervous! Help!!!!
I had my 6 week check up on Monday and a lot of my stitches have not dissolved either. My doctor said no sex yet. I asked how I would know if they had dissolved and she said that I would need to come back to be checked. I go back in 4 weeks; She said they might be dissolved in two more weeks, but to give it 4 weeks to be safe. She said that I am just a slow healer and that for some people it just takes longer for the stitches to dissolve.
I don't know what to tell you,Luckylady, since I cannot fathom how we could know if the stitches are all dissolved. My doctor did say that she did not think I could do any damage to my internal stuff if I did over do it now, but I would experience pain still.
Anyhow, I am laying low until I go back to be checked again-- Feb 12th ! I do not want to have any pain if I can avoid it.
On tuesday I had my 4 week check-up. Stitches still hanging in there just fine. I asked my doc if they were dissolving yet and he said no that the way he ties them he doesnt expect them to dissolve until 6 to 8 weeks. Since I do not have another visit with him until 6 months from now, I asked him when it would be safe to resume intercourse. Now I have a wonderful intelligent doctor and this is what he said. Well, you need to wait at least two more weeks. Give it a try and if you see some blood then you need to wait two more. If it were his penis I dont believe he would be saying chance it. Do ya think he is feeling sorry for the DH?