HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Feels like air bubbles in vagina Feels like air bubbles in vagina

Unread 02-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Feels like air bubbles in vagina

I am 10 days post op from TVH rectocele repair,TVT, and cystocele repair. I have been having the sensation of air bubbles coming out of my vagina and/or urethra all day. I have pressure and the feeling that my bladder is full.It is slightly painful when I urinate. Has anyone else had this? It is not all that painful but is driving me crazy!
Unread 02-05-2005, 10:22 PM

I had a TAH/BSO about a year ago. I had and still have the sensation of bubbles out of the vagina or urethra. I told my surgeon about it early on and he sent me to a urologist. The urologist put a camera in the urethra to see if he could spot the problem but said everything looked fine. My surgeon said he could run more tests if I wanted, but I am use to it now and we have checked my urine several times for infection and there hasnt been one. I dont feel any pressure in the bladder though and I dont have pain when I urinate. I think you should discuss this with your doctor. If you are experiencing pain and a full bladder I would have it checked out if I were you. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
Unread 02-05-2005, 11:33 PM

Hi Doddles,
When I was a fresh post op I noticed threads about these. I don't know if there is an actual medical term for these episodes of vaginal air bubbles or not , but to keep things lady-like I called them "Puzzling Puffs." When I did a search I found a link to a previous thread about them, and inside that link was another link to a previous thread about them. And so on, and so on.... Hope it helps knowing you're not alone.

Puzzling puffs
Unread 02-06-2005, 01:09 AM

The air that youre feeling could be caused from the TVT procedure. I dont know exactly what procedure you had done, however alot of Dr's also do a cystoscopy after placing the TVT to make sure its properly placed and no damage was done to the urethra; if this was the case it can cause the symptoms youre experiencing; its just the air that was forced in during the cystoscope that is now finding its way out of the bladder.
Now, should it continue for more than a few days, or if it becomes painful, it should be brought to your Dr's attention immediately as it can be a sign of something more serious.
The pain and pressure that youre feeling in your bladder is probably just normal healing pains. You didnt elaborate as to what type of pain it is so its hard to say whether you might be suffering from a bladder infection--which by the way is very common after this surgery.
I feel your symptoms warrants atleast a call to your Dr, if for no other reason, for reassurance.
Stay well
diana
Unread 02-06-2005, 06:32 AM
Bubbles

Thanks, for your responses.I began cranberry tablets just in case it's a UTI. I seemy DR. on 2/10.I liken the feeling to being bubble locks of urine in the catheter . The pressure and pain during urination did feel a little like a UTI coming on. I need to drink more I guess.
Unread 02-06-2005, 08:27 AM

I've had this as well and when I told my doctor about it he just looked at me and *blink blink*.

He told me it was impossible. "There's no way you can have air in there". ..... I said to him "so you've never experienced it?".. again he just *blink blink*... So I said "I see, how could you, you don't have a VAGINA".

Yes, I'm getting a new doctor.

sistabeth, thank you for the links. I have not laughed this hard in a long time! I'm so happy I'm not the headcase my doctor would like to believe I am.
Unread 02-06-2005, 08:54 AM

Seems many women get the (*blink blink*) response when they ask about these.

Just looking back through these links I noticed ((Surferbabe)) said they're commonly called "Queefers." So, a search for that will give you results too.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.