HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Vivelle Dot and Breast Tenderness Vivelle Dot and Breast Tenderness

Unread 02-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Vivelle Dot and Breast Tenderness

Here I am and it's been almost a year since my hysterectomy and I keep coming back for help from you wonderful sisters.....
I have been on Vivelle dot .l for over a year and for the last 2 to 3 months my breast are soooooo tender they feel like that are bruised. Sounds nutty but, tis true.
Any ideas....??? what should I do? I am doing otherwise well & wonderfully having zero meno symptoms. Cept zero libido and I keep hoping for a breakthru on that as well.

So........if u know of anything I should be doing

Let me know,
Rho
Unread 02-10-2005, 03:55 PM

Rho:

I too have been having the same problems. My surgery was 3-19 and in the last 2-3 months breast tenderness and swelling. I bumped my Vivelle Dot from .50 to 0.37 and the breast pain and swelling got better but, my mood and temperment was terrible. So I called the compound pharmacy and had my saliva tested, I was estrogen dominant, so he kept me on the 0.37 and gave me progesterone and testestrone and its been a few days and I really don't feel bad but just not right. The progesterone has made me tired and I am suppose to take is 2 x day and I can only take at night. The testesterone cream seem to be helping at least I am now kind of thinking I might want to have sex with my husband. LOL. I wonder if because we are almost a year into our hyst. that our level change they say it take almost a year to recoop. Good luck and let me know if you find out anything else.

Tina
Unread 02-11-2005, 12:14 PM

That's weird that we both would start having this problem after almost a year (3/22). I do appreciate the info you have provided and will maybe call my doctor to see what he says. I am doing the Vivelle .l and I start feeling irritable when it's the day to put the new patch on. So.....I don't think I could go down to the lower Vivelle for this reason. He did prescribe the Estratest medication for the low libido but, I had to many side effects on that drug. If it's not one thing it's another. Oh well......
Thanks, Sister...(by the way we are the same age)
Rho
Unread 02-11-2005, 12:32 PM

Rho:
I see my dr. Tuesday. I hoping to find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The new meds, are okay I guess. I am now have badder issues and I thinks its because me estrogen is NOW to low. I think we should come with a manual. This is just terrible. I will let you know when I come from the dr. on Tuesday if she has any suggestions for the breast thing. I can't tell you whats better sore breast or screaming at my husband and 15 year old. I so remember by mother going through this when I was a teenager and I really wanted mine to be differant. Its almost depressing. I turned 48 in November and that is when all started to fall apart. You might try a compounding pharmacy for the Testosterone cream. That has given me more engery too, but also could be making my badder do wierd things. Trial and error that is what I keep saying.

Take care.

Tina
Unread 02-11-2005, 12:33 PM

Rho:

I noticed you are in NC, I have a ton of family in Greensboro, are you close to there?

Tina

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.