HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Help, I feel like my bladder is falling out...3 days post op Help, I feel like my bladder is falling out...3 days post op

Unread 02-25-2005, 09:18 PM
Help, I feel like my bladder is falling out...3 days post op

Good evening ladies,

I am 3 day's post op fromTVH w/ bladder repair (sling). I feel so wonderful, not even otc pain meds. But, I feel like there is something sitting on top of the vaginal canal just waiting to flop out...this does not hurt but it has been anoying me for several hours now and I can't sleep. Can anyone tell me what this might be?

Thanks,
Kelly
Unread 02-25-2005, 09:29 PM

Kelly

Maybe you need to take some Motrin. It could be some swelling and causing pressure. My situation is different so I am not sure. If it causes pain please call the DR.

best wishes
Unread 02-26-2005, 08:06 AM

I am 10 days post-op and I also had a bladder sling done. I don't feel like I have anything about to fall out but my bladder forgot how to pee! They let me go home the day after surgery and removed the catheter but said I would have to pee before I left, but my bladder just wouldn't do it. They had to put the catherter back in and sent me home with it and said come back in three days and we'll take it out and hopefully the swelling will have gone down. That was a Friday morning, by Monday I was ready to kill my doc! I would have to pee SO bad and all my bladder would do is trickle, trickle, stop....trickle, trickle, stop!! I had to self catherterize myself twice! Thank God by Wed. my bladder finally seemed to remember how to pee! It's still acting a little weird but at least I finally feel empty when I go. The doctor said one of the side affects of the sling would be a more accute sensation and that I would have to pee more often. I did however have to sneeze the other day and automaticlly went to cross my legs but my bladder held!! It's so cool to be able to sneeze again without wetting myself!!!
Let me know how your doing with yours and if that feeling goes away. Anyone else out there have the same experience with their bladder?
Unread 02-26-2005, 08:57 AM

Hi kelly,

I had the bladder sling done too. I don't remember it feeling quite like you are describing. I was very tender in my groin from the incisions there. Did you have those? I also had trouble being up and on my feet for very long at a time because of the pressure I would feel right in the vagina. I don't know if that is the same as what you feel. Also couldn't sit for very long, but I had a rectocele repair done too.
At 3 days post op I would not hesitate to give your dr a call if you have concerns over anything. It's better to have peace of mind and be sure everything is ok. I called mine several times. I got to be good friends with his nurse.
Mercyschild, I had the same problem getting my bladder to wake up and function on its own. I had to self- cath for a week or so and it took several weeks for me to not have to sit and think about how to make it do its job. It got better and better and now it is back to normal. I have an occasional situation where I have to wait a second for it to relax and do its thing, but it is really no problem. Isn't it wonderful to have the incontinence gone? I love that I had this done.
Be patient, it gets better as everything heals.

's, Rita
Unread 02-26-2005, 03:34 PM

I had A LOT of pressure for a few weeks, but it was mostly when i was standing up and moving around. I think you may want to make a dr appt, though..just to be on teh safe side. Or at least call them.

shelly
Unread 02-26-2005, 04:55 PM

My dr didhn't use a sling - he tacked it up to muscle. I definitely felt the pressure and it still doesn't empty properly. I was afraid that I had coughed too hard (I have a chronic cough) but it's feeling much better so I guess it was just swelling. 800 mg of Ibuprophen seems to help.
Unread 02-26-2005, 04:56 PM

I'm so glad someone brought this up. I had a bladder sling done with my LAVH and cystocele/rectocele repair.

Before my surgery, if I was jogging, or laughing too hard, or waited too long to get to the bathroom when I had to go, I'd have a little leakage. That, coupled with having to get up 3-4 times a night to go, was the reason for doing the sling.

The odd thing now is that I leak (just a tiny bit) all the time. I was wearing pantyliners for the slight bleeding after the hysto, but when that stopped, I started noticing staining that was obviously urine. I have a six-week with the uro and GYN in about 10 days, so I'll bring it up then, because it's really just an annoyance. I thought the point of the bladder sling was to put the bladder back where it belonged. Anyone else have this, and did it stop at some point?
Unread 02-26-2005, 07:17 PM
bladder pain

I too am 3 days post op (supracervical hyst with unilateral ovary removal and cervical tear repair), and my word the pain is worse than I had expected. I also, have trouble with emptying my bladder and bladder spasms. Hope the percocet kicks in soon.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.