pain at 31/2 mos - scar tissue? | The Road Less Traveled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain at 31/2 mos - scar tissue? pain at 31/2 mos - scar tissue?

Unread 01-29-2001, 05:18 PM
pain at 31/2 mos - scar tissue?

Saw gyn today to show her left side where it hurts. She did internal and external and found nothing amiss. Says it's probably scar tissue and won't get better. If it gets worse, lap could remove it (thanks a lot - just what I want, more surgery!). I asked if it could be ovary. She said yes, I could do a sono to look at ovaries if I wanted. But she doubts there's a problem because they were healthy at the time of operation.

anyone else have a problem with scar tissue? she says it won't show up on sono. So I guess it's just an educated guess unless they open you up. I'm not in real pain, just feels sore and different. I'm mostly nervous just to know the cause for sure. She suggested I look into intestinal problems as a cause for tenderness so I guess i will.

i'm coming back as a man too!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2001, 06:34 PM

I am only 8 weeks post op, but the last few days I have been having this weird pain that radiates from my lower right side and down my inner right thigh. Last week both my sides just ached and now that is sort of gone and replaced by this new pain. My stitches were not dissolved at the 6 week check up and I am going back in two more weeks. I don't know if this is just healing, or if I need to be worrying about something else yet, or even scar tissue.

What does scar tissue pain feel like ? I sort of feel like I pulled a muscle, kind of a weird ache. I don't know how to describe it exactly.

I also may just be doing too much. Who knows ?

I just hope it gets better. I feel like I am trading one problem for another. At least this one does not involve a bleeding !

Unread 01-30-2001, 05:23 PM

When I was 3 months postop TransVaginal Ultrasound for continued right-sided pain. Mine revealed a unknown mass. My Doc ordered a Lap to remove my right ovary which was also enlarged and covered in cysts. The mass turned out to be Scar Tissue adhering my ovary to the vaginal cuff. So in some cases it can be seen, I think it depends on location and density. The drawback to this is that more surgery can create more Scar Tissue unless the Surgeon is skilled and takes certain precautions to prevent their reoccurence. Here is a link to a website that has alot of great info on this http://www.Adhesions.org.
Hope you can feel better soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2001, 06:25 PM
second opinion on scar tissue as cause

Saw my internist today who laughed (he has a weird sense of humor). Said surgeons always claim you are healed when you aren't. He thinks 3 1/2 mos. is too soon to expect to be healed. He took a year, he says, to recover from a hernia (and he's young - I'm 54). Said I could do ultrasound if I wanted.

i think I'll give it some more time first. Wouldn't be surprised if it's adhesions though. ****.
Unread 01-31-2001, 05:50 PM

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem and my doctor said that is was probably scar tissue. to watch and see how it goes and if it doesn't get better or gets worse we could go back in, just what I want more surgrey. The pain is there most of the time dull but there once in awhile it gets real sharp but not for very long and at this time I don't want surgrey again. It's been six months and I don't want my life spend in the doctors office all the time. Isn't that why they invented advil?
Unread 02-01-2001, 09:26 PM
another sister - 8 mos. and probable scar tissue

I just went to my doc this evening for my 3-month visit (had borderline ovarian cancer and need 3-month visits for 2 years). When I told him about my aching groin (both sides where ovaries used to be), he told me it was probably scar tissue. When I said I didn't want more surgery, he just sort of smiled as to acknowledge that was what it would take. It is worse as I climb into and out of my car. Anyone else have intense pain at that time? My surgery was early June 2000.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register