HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

TVH with anterior and posterior repair TVH with anterior and posterior repair

Unread 03-12-2005, 11:57 AM
TVH with anterior and posterior repair

Hi,

I have seen my doctor yesterday since my surgery is on March 18, 2005 and have asked him questions and got answers that I was not expecting. I thought I was keeping the cervix but no it will be removed. Then he told me that I would have the anterior/posterior repair as well. Can someone who had this all done tell me how the recovery is? How was your sexual life after the cervix being removed? One day I think OK im an not going through this, I'm OK. It's only tampax. Then my periods start again and last forever...I am very confused and scared and just feel like crying. My surgery is next week and my husbank will be away for work and back on Thursday night and keep wondering who I will be able to vent all my frustration.

Thanks for listening.
Unread 03-12-2005, 02:48 PM

mkellman

Oh, I am sorry you are so upset It is common to be scared and worried about all of this. I know for me it was my first major surgery and had no idea what to expect on anything.

I did have my cervix removed and the posterier repair. The sex life is good, just need to use lubricant for dryness. My behind was sore for some time so a cushion, pillow, or donut pillow is great to sit on. The repairs make the recovery a little longer and more uncomfortable, but I am so glad I had mine done. When everything starts to drop and not work as well then I knew it was time to make a change and get it fixed.

I am glad to have cervix removed so not to worry about cancer and having mini periods. It is good to have no more periods and cramps and I really am enjoying that part of it.

Hey, you can vent your frustration and talk to us here whenever you need to, we understand.

We have some good information you might want to read in our Resource library at the top of the page, just click on Resources and put in a topic you want to read up on. It might help pass some time while you wait.

Wishing you the best on your upcoming surgery.

s
Unread 03-12-2005, 03:42 PM

I have am sceduled for same as you in April. I am doing it because it is all so uncomfortable that I just can't bear it anymore.

I know recovery will take a while, but my prolapse is almost out- sorry to put that right out there, but some days it is impossible to think of anything else.

If you go to search and put in prolapse and A&P repair type searches you can find lots of threads from further back and there are plenty of princesses with our issues who have gone before.

No one can make your decision for you, but reading the comments of others in our boat has helped me a lot!

Good luck with whatever you decide. . .

j.
Unread 03-12-2005, 06:13 PM

Thanks for your support and encouragement. I will not be changing my mind since I know that sooner or later it will have to be done. One more week...crossing fingers and hoping for the best. I will look up the post you have mentioned.

Unread 03-12-2005, 07:36 PM

Yep, it's kind of a shock to the brain when they tell ya' all the stuff they want to do to fix prolapses. It took me 3 long appt. with my gyn. before I figured it all out. Not sure I want to know it all now.

There are times when I think, "Hey, I'm ok. I don't need such a major surgery." BUT........it's not going to go away. And things are definitely getting worse.

Hey, anytime you want to vent, just go for it. We are very good listeners .

Donna
Unread 03-12-2005, 09:32 PM

Am scheduled for 730 am Monday morning and in the last while have talked myself in and out of the posterior repair part of mine too.
I think I can handle the hysterectomy and the bladder repair part but this cut from A@@ to tea kettle part Im not taking well.
But as many am going to do it all and get it over with all at once.
Best Wishes

lucy

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.