HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

feces coming from vagina feces coming from vagina

Unread 04-01-2005, 03:26 PM
feces coming from vagina

I had a total pelvic floor recontruction and am now having feces coming from my vagina. I was in the hospital 3 times in 2 weeks. I posted here on thursday, and went into detail about what has been happing to me. I have had 3 ct scans of the pelvis, wouldn't the scan have picked up this problem. I really dread to call the hospital again because I'm afraid of being admitted again. Can this also cause fever & high white blood level counts>? I was admitted last night to the hospital again with a white blood count of over 1700 hundred. I just don't want to go back to the hospital. I should mention that the dr didn't discover this when he examined me yesterday. I also have a very large hematoma that is draining from my vagina, so with the feces and the blood there is a lot going on, I'm so worried, prayers would be so appreciated.
Unread 04-01-2005, 03:32 PM
feces coming from vagina

Sorry you are having so much to deal with. I know hospitals are not fun to be in but if you have a fever and high wbc count you could have an infection which may need antibiotics through an IV.

Prayers and thoughts are certainly with you.

Unread 04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
feces coming from vagina

I'm soooo sorry you're having to go through this!

HOWEVER...this could probably cause a SERIOUS infection. I would definately call the hospital...I know they're yucky, but your health is #1 priority.

You're in my thoughts and prayers!

s,
Sno
Unread 04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
feces coming from vagina

I am so sorry you are having so much trouble. You definitely could have an infection, don't let this go.

My prayers are with you, God Bless!

Angie RN
Unread 04-01-2005, 03:40 PM
feces coming from vagina

(((rwickman))), I am so sorry you are having so many complications. Have you called your doctor yet to let him/her know what is happening? That would be a good place to start.

I ended up with a vaginal/rectal fistula a week after the birth of my first baby. The doctor who examined me in the ER couldn't see anything, but I saw what I saw and I knew what was happening. It was found by additional testing with barium x-rays and a sigmoidoscopy. In my case, I had to let it all heal incorrectly before surgery was done to repair the area. That was over 25 years ago and I haven't had any trouble since.

I know this is upsetting and scary. Please do call your doctor and find out what you should do next. The fever alone is reason enough to call.

I'm sending loads of comforting s Keep us posted, okay?
Unread 04-01-2005, 04:48 PM
feces coming from vagina

rwickman,
I am so sorry this is happening to you. You need to get yourself back to the hospital to ask to see if this is normal for your situation.

you seem to be bleeding and bruising more than expected. have you ever been checked for bleeding disorders, like hemaphilia or von Willebrands? That could be the reason why you are bruising and bleeding so badly, and not healing.

Please let us know your next step.

hugs,
lisandboo

p.s. I think it's important that you call your doctor.
Unread 04-01-2005, 04:59 PM
feces coming from vagina

I read this on a website:
One of the symptoms of Vaginal fistula:
Symptoms of rectal-vaginal fistula: Feces leaking into the vagina.

Did your doctor mention you had something like this?

lisandboo
Unread 04-01-2005, 05:02 PM
feces coming from vagina

My prayers are with you.

Rose
Unread 04-02-2005, 03:03 PM
feces coming from vagina

Honey, if you haven't called the doctor yet, please do! In very serious cases, fistulas can lead to blood poisoning. PLEASE take care and don't wait! LOL!
Unread 04-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Re: feces coming from vagina

Quote:
Originally posted by rwickman
I had a total pelvic floor recontruction and am now having feces coming from my vagina. I was in the hospital 3 times in 2 weeks. I posted here on thursday, and went into detail about what has been happing to me. I have had 3 ct scans of the pelvis, wouldn't the scan have picked up this problem. I really dread to call the hospital again because I'm afraid of being admitted again. Can this also cause fever & high white blood level counts>? I was admitted last night to the hospital again with a white blood count of over 1700 hundred. I just don't want to go back to the hospital. I should mention that the dr didn't discover this when he examined me yesterday. I also have a very large hematoma that is draining from my vagina, so with the feces and the blood there is a lot going on, I'm so worried, prayers would be so appreciated.
Rwickman..... just wanted to see how you were doing.

and ers

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.