HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Unread 04-07-2005, 07:09 AM
Granules????

I went for a 13 week check-up and the doctor told me I have "granules" along my vaginal cuff scar. She describbed them as pink soft fleshy things, she swabbed them although it felt like she snipped something for biopsy. She said that reguardless of if it is benign or not they like to remove them surgicaly so scar tissue doesnt't build up in the vagina. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like an alien! :confused: Also I am bleeding and have yucky grey stuff (silver something?) coming out of me. Doc says its ok as long as I don't fill more then one pad an hour, I never thought I'd see blood coming out of there again.
Unread 04-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Granules????

Hi PriscillaH!

I had granulation tissue, too. It's quite common and you are *not* an alien!! Your doctor probably treated it with silver nitrate and that's the discharge you're seeing. It should stop in a few days. Sometimes one treatment is enough but stubborn cases can take several. Eventually it will heal and you won't have to deal with it anymore.

If you want to read more about it, you can click this link.

I know it's discouraging to have to deal with bleeding/discharge again. Hopefully it will soon be a thing of the past!

s
Unread 04-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Granules????

Thanks April Dawn, that makes me feel a lot better. :blush:

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.