Pimples, whiskers and more | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pimples, whiskers and more Pimples, whiskers and more

Unread 04-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Pimples, whiskers and more

Hello Ladies,
Well I have an appt with my doc, and am curious if I need to get on something right away with him. Of course I will be asking his opinion but just wanted to see if you lovely ladies had any insight on this.

I have been on Vagifem which I only take when things seem to be going wrong, which was ok with my doc. I had one shot of testosterone. I have more hair on my body than some apes, which I find is really disgusting me. It just isnt hair, it is long ugly black hair. My chin, my legs, my belly. Now this is not a completely new thing, as I have always been hairy but it is sooo much worse now. I shave my chin every day from the big black ugly things that grow back better than DH's beard!!

I have pimples on my shoulders which I havent had for years, and that is really also gross with summer coming on. My feet appear to be swelling, as well as my ankles. I never had this before and now am curious if this could be a hormone issue. My ovaries seem to be working fine, no surges and PMS seems to strike every month. A hormone panel was done a couple months ago and all was good or so he said. I think it is all related because after I gave birth to my son, my poor feet swoll soo bad, my toes would not even touch the floor. They stuck out like real lil piggies!!

Going over the list I would have to guess it is too much estrogen, however I also have some symptoms of too little. How do you get rid of estrogen? Obviously I have too much testosterone also. This is kinda like a jigsaw puzzle isnt it?? lol

Anyone have and suggestions??
Hugs and thanks everyone
kat (who is definitely NOT feelin sexy!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2005, 08:26 AM

kat:
im sorry I cant offer any help for your troubles as I am still wandering around in the jungle myself. (wandering aimlessly I might add) Just thought I would pop in and say good luck. Hope you get some answers. soon.

many hugs
snickers
Unread 04-19-2005, 09:51 AM

(((Kat))) sorry to hear you're having all this trouble. I would say, first, lay off the testosterone shots You are clearly getting too much testosterone for you. We're all different, and levels are just numbers, not necessarily indicative of how our bodies respond to the different hormones.

My inclination would be to try a low dose of estrogen, but you're saying you feel you are getting too much. If you're not using any estrogen HRT (Vagifem doesn't really contribute to overall estrogen levels, it only helps vaginally), I'm not sure how this would be.

You might want to start a journal of your symptoms, try a low dose of estrogen patch for a few weeks and see if you feel better or worse; if better, great, and if worse, stop it and try a low dose of progesterone cream to see how that works for you.

Unfortunately, this HRT business is mostly trial and error and it helps to be very organized and systematic about it. It also helps to keep good notes, because brain is one of the more annoying symptoms of hormone imbalance.

I hope this helps!
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2005, 11:34 PM

Hi Ladies
well the testosterone shot was 3 months ago if not longer. Surprised I dont have this deep booming voice now!!

Brain fog is actuallly doing ok, we will find out once I get in school how the retention thing is. Biggest issues are the pimples, and the hair.

I will definitely keep a journal of all things on those lists, both abundance and deficits and see what the doc says. From what I could glean off the net, it sounds almost as if I am estrogen abundant, and need some progersterone. But then, I dont get paid the big bucks do diagnose myself!!

Thanks ladies,
kat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register