HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

hysterectomy after ablation hysterectomy after ablation

Unread 04-21-2005, 05:36 PM
hysterectomy after ablation

Has anyone had to have a hyst after having an ablation done? I had an ablation and tubal a month ago and have not stopped bleeding. They could not reach my entire uterus during the ablation but was hoping it would help. Doc told me to take 2 progesterone pills a week ago and bleeding still has not stopped. Now today he says my uterus is acting up again since the ablation did not reach and to start taking 4 progesterone a day until he sees me next week and that it looks like we will have to do a hyst afterall. Has anyone else had this problem? A year ago last Christmas I was suppose to have a hyst and bladder suspension because my uterus was sitting on my bladder. The doc didnt do the hyst then because he said when they lifted the bladder it put the uterus back in place! So I'm beginning to wonder how many surgeries I'm going to have to have before I'm all better!!
Unread 04-21-2005, 07:34 PM

I had a ablation in Nov. 2004 and in Jan 2005 had a TAH. The ablation did not work for me. I bleed all but 1 week after I had it done. My doctor told me that their was a chance that it would not work. I also had a D&C and hystroscope done before the ablation. I'm glad everything is now done once and for all.

Hope all goes well for you.

Diana
Unread 04-21-2005, 07:41 PM

Yep....Had an ablation and D&C Feb 2004 and had tah/rso in Feb 2005. The ablation did not work...i was bleeding all the time practically. Dr tried to tell me it was normal...HA! I switched drs after that. Im sooo happy to have this done and am no longer bleeding.

Pamela
Unread 04-22-2005, 12:23 PM

Hi,
I feel the same way. This will be surgery #3 for me. I also had a hydrodistension/cystoscopy in December and was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitus. Now I am having a hysterectomy May 18th. I had the Thermachoice ablation last August. Afterwards, I spotted a few times and then I started to have regular periods again. My doctor told me to give it more time. After Christmas, everything went downhill. I started bleeding every two weeks. Found out in March that my fibroids were growing. One is grapefruit size. Doctor said with the bleeding for 7-9 days and the fibroids and my enlarged uterus that I needed to go ahead and have a hyst.
I wish the ablation had worked. I had read that the balloon kind which is what I had doesn't get the upper corners of the uterus real well. I was so determined I was not going to have a hyst, but now with all the back pain, pressure on my bladder and not hardly any good days, I'm ready to get it over with. Did you have fibroids? I know some articles said that an ablation was not recommended for a woman with fibroids. I think I kind of expected in the back of my mind that it wouldn't work. Just my luck! Good luck to you.
Unread 04-22-2005, 05:30 PM

Hi Girls,

I did not have an ablation, because after quite a bit of research I found that what you all have experienced is more common than not. In my research, I discovered that almost everyone who had an ablation done had a hysterectomy within 1-2 years following the ablation.

I decided to go ahead and have a the hyst done, and have been very pleased with the results.

Good Luck to all of you, I hope yours turns out as well as mine.

Blessings & s
Sallie

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway