High Blood Pressure / THA | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

High Blood Pressure / THA High Blood Pressure / THA

Unread 04-24-2005, 12:01 PM
High Blood Pressure / THA

I had a TAH - 1/7/2005 due to a large fibroid, 3 Abnormal Pep, Some Abnormal Bleeding, kept ovaries.

About a month ago (end of March) I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. At one point it was severely high. My family doctor has put me on blood pressure medication to try and get the problem under control.

I can not help but wonder if this problem is in some way related to my TAH. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? Is it possible for a TAH to cause high blood pressure? All responses appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2005, 01:16 PM

I believe you would find some agreement around here that it is related. It seems to be quite a common thing among Hyster Sisters. Here is the best thread on the site on this subject:

High blood pressure thread

Mine almost doubled post-op (my normal is 90/60) for a few weeks, and then came down on it's own without meds.

Take care,
joano
Unread 04-24-2005, 05:03 PM

The same thing happened to me had my TAH on the 24th. of Jan. at my two week check it had gone up a bit 160/88,,, she said it was on the high side and she would make sure she kept an eye on it well when I went back for my six week check up it was 170/113 that day I started blood pressure meds. two 50mg. a day--- and never before had I had any problem with my blood pressure,,, And also my eye pressure went way up too I have always had a higher than normal eye pressure and have been on eye drops now I am on two drops a day instead of one a day,, Good luck to you

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2005, 01:37 PM
High Blood Pressure PostOp

I also have had High Blood Pressure (150/100) since my surgery 11 weeks ago. I started on BP meds 4 weeks ago and it is still high. My Dr. says that the trauma of surgery can cause high BP and that having surgery causes alot of stress on your body. This is surprising to me as I have been feeling great with no pain meds since being home from the hospital. She wants me to make some appts for Massage as well as Acupuncture. Anyone tried Acupuncture before? I'm a bit nervous about it, but am willing to try it if it works! Of course I made an appt right away for the massage!
Anyone know how long this "temporary situation" is supposed to last????
Take care.
Unread 05-13-2005, 02:08 PM

Boy! This is interesting! I never had blood pressure problems before and now I have too high blood pressure. Mine was extremely high before during and after surgery. 168/107. So they called my FDOC and he put me on Pmeds. Now it's normal, but I wander if it will be a thing I'll have to deal for the rest of my life.
My DOC said to excersice after I get the 6 weeks OK. I think I will just walk, he said that is a good start.
I hope we all get over this safely, because dealing with HBP is very serious.
Love, my systers
Fran
Unread 05-14-2005, 12:15 PM

I HAD MY HYSTER 1/5/05 HAD B/P PROBLEMS BEFORE THOUGHT IS DUE TO WORRING ABOUT HYSTER.AN NOW ON CARDIZEM BID ALSO HAVE PANIC ATTACHES NEVER HAD THOSE BEFORE EITHER . THE FIRST OF EVERY MON HAVE HOT FLASHES NO SWEATING ,BUT FREEZ TO DEATH AFTER IT IS GONE HEAT RATE GO SKY HIGH . THIS ALL LAST ABOUT 10-15 MIN FOR 2-3 DAYS ONCE OR TWICE A DAY .THEN I AM BACK TO NORMAL. INEVER DID ALL THIS BEFORE EITHER. ANY ONE ELSE HAVE ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS?
Unread 05-14-2005, 12:49 PM

My blood pressure went nuts post surgery.

The reasons given me by the nurse was: 1)pain, 2) anxiety, 3) my body in distress (well golly it's just been sliced and diced, no wonder it's in distress!).

I was as high as 170/110, and as low as 116/68. I'm now 3 days post op, and am hovering around 130/78, taking 50 mg Atanalol @ day.

Hope you feel better, and call your doc.!High blood pressure is nothing to monkey with.
Unread 05-18-2005, 09:51 AM

Yep, it's happening to me as well. Surgery was on May 4th. My blood pressue prior to surgery used to run 112/61. Now its running all over the place from 147/93 to 93/60 just last night. It's all just bewildering to me. Hope yours gets better with time like everything else is supposed to.
Unread 05-18-2005, 03:38 PM

I'm having some of the same problems. Just before the surgery mine was high (at least for me) and then at the hospital it was normal. My one week check up was pretty high (enough for the nurse to ask if I was in any pain - no not really), at my 4 week check up it was a little lower, but still on the high side. Yesterday I went for my 7 week check up and it was lower, but not back to normal. I was released for all activiities at 4 weeks and just really started back at the gym taking it slow. I hope that the excerse will help with the BP. Guess we will find out. I have to have a Dr check it before I head out to Boy Scout Camp this summer.

Hope everyone is doing well.

jas

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register