HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

leaking fluid during intercourse leaking fluid during intercourse

Unread 04-25-2005, 11:51 AM
leaking fluid during intercourse

I had a hysterectomy/bladder tie up on Sept. 23 2002. Immediately after resuming sexual activity, when I would be on top fluid would pour out of my vagina often when I would began to climax. Sometimes it smells like urine other times not. I have tried going to the bathroom many times before sex, to no avail. I have discussed this with a nurse prac. she simply said he is bumping the bladder and there is probably nothing that we can do, I do not understand this as pre surgery this never happened and the bladder was falling down, now it is where it is supposed to be and gush gush!! This can not be normal. I had many problems from the tie up, I had to wear the super pubic cath, for at little over 3 weeks, had many infections, finally got over that to start resuming sexual activity and boom lots of liquid. Please help!
Unread 04-25-2005, 07:03 PM

Wow, I am so glad to find this post. I too have been having this issue since my operation last year that included a Burch sling and hysterectomy. I experience this problem almost every time and never had a problem with it before despite having a prolapsed bladder and uterus. It is very annoying and embarrassing. Have you discussed this with a Doctor? Is your bladder ok now? do you feel a buldging (sp?) below? I am returning to my Dr. soon so will find out what his opinion is.

Marlene
Unread 04-25-2005, 08:08 PM

Oh how glad am I to know I am not the only one with this problem. I just got over a slight bladder infection, and have really had no problems except for this BIG one. The incontinence sp? problem I had before went away immediately, but this arose truthfully I would rather sneeze and pee than do this. I have no buldge and I have an appt. with the doctor who did the hyster/bladder tieup May 31. When is your appt? I have been reading about these Fistulas all day on the site and am wondering if that is what I have. Hopefully we will no some answers soon.

Lisa
Unread 04-26-2005, 05:12 PM

I have found one other post about this problem so I guess we are not alone! I have an appt on May 18 for an ultrasound on my ovaries as I have been having a throbbing pain on my left side almost all the time. They will schedule my appt with the ob/gyn after that. I am not married and met a new partner after the operation so I was quite relieved to hear it was happening to other people (not glad for you though) as I wasnt sure if it was something from the operation or if it was something different about my new partner! Did you have a burch sling? did you keep your cervix? are you experiencing a new prolapse with your vaginal walls. That is happening to me so I was wondering if that somehow could have something to do with it.
Unread 04-29-2005, 12:57 PM

i've been researching a different problem - a para urethral cyst.

Whilst searching for information i've disovered that the cyst forms in the tiny glands around the entrance to the urethra. There is great debate within the medical world as to the function of these glands. Many believe that they can cause a female ejaculation, and there are many reports to back this up...

Could this possibly have any relevance to the problems you ladies are experiencing during sex?
Unread 04-29-2005, 08:45 PM

The first time this happened to me I thought that might be what was happening. As I said he was a new partner so nothing to base it on as I had no pre-hyst experience with him. Since then it happens every time. Even when we are just starting out and I dont feel anywhere near an "O". It is quite embarrassing and leaves out all possibilites of unplanned fun as it is way too messy. It actually soaks the bed and him and I. This is not as fun as I heard it was supposed to be!!
Unread 04-30-2005, 05:39 AM

Hi,

I agree with you that it doesn't sound normal to be gushing liquid at any time! I would suggest you go back to your Dr, for a proper diagnosis. Perhaps you should catch some into a container so it can be properly analysed and establish once and for all if it is urine? If it is and it is coming from the vagina, then one would suspect a fistula, but I would have thought you would get leaking at other times as well. There should be no urine in the vagina. If it is coming from the urethra, then I would have thought the Dr should be able to do something about that, I don't think you should have to put up with that sort of bladder weakness.

Blossom
Unread 05-02-2005, 07:12 PM

Ladies thank you so much for your posts. I am not experiencing any prolapse of any sort as of now. I was married at the time of my hyster. and it started happening immed. upon resuming sexual relations. I am now divorced and have a new partner and it is still happening. I have started noticing things during urinating upon revisting this site, like I am pretty sure I am urinating from my vaginal, and I am going very small amounts. I also read about one lady saying she experiences a sticky wetness during sex and I had that happen the other night, don't know what that was, but ironically I didn't have the gush of liquid.
I am curious does your partner know it is urine? And how did he react? We are still unsure of what it is and choosing to not believe it is urine! Our relationship is somewhat new and I feel horrible and am so wanting answers and fixed without surgery! I forgot to mention that I had a bladder tack, left 1 ovary and no cervix. I had no prolapes other than the bladder and it wasn't bad just leaking with coughs and sneezing, boy do I wish I had left it alone!
Unread 05-02-2005, 08:35 PM

Hi Trotter,

I strongly feel you should get this investigated as soon as possible. If you are suspecting that the urine is coming down the vagina then you may have a fistula, in which case you shouldn't be sexually active because it would mean you have an abnormal connection between the top of the vagina and the bladder which leaves you prone to infection.

Have you tried inserting a tampon for a while and seeing if it comes out with urine at the tip? I really think you should see your Dr about this and insist on further investigation, you are entitled to some answers!

Blossom
Unread 05-03-2005, 08:33 PM

Hi Blossom,

Thank you for your information, just by reading some of these post I suspect a fistula also. I am going to try the tampon test tonight, and see if it is urine, I so dread it because that will tell me what I have been not wanting to face. I have an appt. with the Ob/gyn who did the hyster/bladder tie up an the 31st of may.
Did I understand your post that you had a fistula repair? Was it sucessful? Do these repairs have a favorable sucess rate? It seems I see alot of unsucessful posts. Thank you again.

Trotter

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.