HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

period symptoms after hysterectomy period symptoms after hysterectomy

Unread 05-02-2005, 07:28 PM
period symptoms after hysterectomy

Hi
just curious, only in my 4th week after having tvh with posterior repairs...kept both ovaries.... those of you who once had regular monthly periods which increased to 2 or 3 periods a month due to stupid fibroids having their own cycles!! do you find you just get period like symptoms eg headache and constipation once a month or do you get the symptoms more frequently due to confused ovaries? i would think it would go back to once a month???
Linda
Unread 05-02-2005, 11:46 PM

I've stopped keeping track, but it seems like it's once a month again. I had an LSH with mini periods right on schedule--but they lasted up to 12 days. 2 months ago I had my cervix removed, so no more mini periods to keep track of, but I think I get PMS about once a month. My ovaries seemed to keep their heads in order throughout this ordeal. Hope yours do, too!

Margot
Unread 05-03-2005, 01:23 AM

Thanks foe the info Margot I appreciate it. sorry you had to have more surgery but at least things are sorted out now.
All the best
Linda
Unread 05-03-2005, 06:12 AM

YEP!!! I'm having PMS symptoms right now and have been for a few days.Sure hope this hurries and gets over with SOON!!!
Unread 05-03-2005, 07:07 AM

yup - normal pre-menstrual symptoms here - my ovaries haven't noticed their uterus has gone missing!
Unread 05-03-2005, 08:51 AM

Hi Linda...
I don't know if this will help or not...I am almost at TWO years since my surgery and every month I still have all the feelings of getting my period...sore boobs, backache, I swear I feel the cramps and at times have the pre-period discharge. It is so upsetting to me. The funny thing is the "symptoms" are more regular than my periods ever were and at least I only get them once a month instead of ALL MONTH like before the surgery.I guess all we can do is be Thankful that even though we FEEL the period we're not spending a fortune on tampons/pads. Hope you are feeling better.
Susie
Unread 05-03-2005, 01:51 PM

You're welcome...

Just wanted to add that my PMS symptoms are actually a bit worse! I don't get much cramping, since all I have left are my ovaries...they *do* cramp a little. When I still had my cervix but no uterus, I was cramping all the time. I used to get moody and irritable once every 3 or 4 months, but now it's *every* month! And I didn't get tender boobs before, but now I do.

But, like Susie said, at least no more bleeding all the time! Maybe this is what it feels like to have our messed up parts out. Maybe this is what health feels like .

Margot

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.