HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Ovarian Pain 1 year after Hysterectomy. HELP! Ovarian Pain 1 year after Hysterectomy. HELP!

Unread 05-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Ovarian Pain 1 year after Hysterectomy. HELP!

Hi. I had my LAVH 1 year ago and they left one ovary as I wasn't in menopause yet. Well now the left lower side for the past 3 days has been hurting quite a bit and 2 days before that, I felt like my upper thigh/groin in the front was sore when I walked but I didn't pay it much attention. Today the pain actually radiated to my lower back. It' pretty low just next to the beginning of the hip bone, It's not constipation as I took care of that today, and the pain remains. I have to work 12 hours tomorrow, so i will try to get through that. Does this sound like a Cyst? ANyone been through this? I am so scared of the possibility of any more surgery! And I don't have much sick time and am a single Mom. And I had been feeling SOOOOOO GREAT up to this point. Kathie
PS Does anyone know how often cysts recur after a hysterectomy?? Kathie
Unread 05-15-2005, 04:49 PM

s Kathie

I am so sorry you are experiencing so much pain right now.

Post-hyst cysts are fairly common. Some come and go, some do not. If you are in pain, you need to contact your Dr. An ultrasound may be in order to determine if and what type of cyst it is. You should not have to deal with all of this pain. Please schedule that Dr. appt....

Let us know how you do. I will be thinking of you.

Unread 05-15-2005, 05:39 PM

Hi Kathie...

I too had a hysterectomy around 11 months ago. It was not long after the hysterectomy that I started having cramping, lower back pain and pain all the way down my groin area. For me it was miserable.. I dont know what to tell you about it really exept get to your doctor. It wont go away I have been dealing with this for a long long time and I had 2 different ultrasounds done and I had cysts all over my overies!!

I am doing bowel prep today.... AGAIN , because I am having a BSO tommorow morning for the cysts. Please call your doctor and make an appt tommorow... at least to get checked out!!

Good Luck to you...

~DEE
Unread 05-16-2005, 10:14 PM

Thanks so much for your replys!! Today, I started feeliing better. so , I guess I'll just hope it stays this way.. maybe it was a type of ovulation pain, although this would be unusual for me. Anyway, Wish me luck.. I was really scared about that.. kathie
Unread 05-24-2005, 01:39 PM
right ovary

I'm having a pelvic ultrasound tomorrow, I had my hyster done March 16, 04 and my right ovary was left behind....and now my right side is hurting pretty bad, I may have to have that taken out, I won't know the results until next tuesday, has anybody gone thorugh this? what to expect? Im pretty upset about it. The pain in my back and right side is just unbelievable! ugh....will it feel like it when I got the hysterectomy done? like starting all over????
Unread 05-24-2005, 02:29 PM

hi tg, i have just had a BSO, 7 years after my hysterectomy. Developed pain last year but had to have a drug induced menopause due to NHS (UK) waiting lists. It was very similar having the BSO after the TAH as they went through my hyster scar, it was prob worse for me unfortunately as I had to have my appendix removed at the same time due to adhesions and it being "a mess" down there according to the surgeon.

Had HRT implants put in, which seem to be working fine.

I was very upset last year when they diagnosed the cysts, i seriously thought nothing else could go wrong after the big op but i now go with the train of thought that there is now NOTHING to go wrong anymore, so i am feeling slightly relieved at Day 12 post op. The pain is improving just the boredom driving me nuts.

Good luck to you. Sarah x
Unread 05-25-2005, 12:24 PM

It sounds like it could be an ovarian cyst. I have similar pain and that is what I was diagnosed with.

The only way to know for sure is to get an ultrasound.
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Re: Ovarian Pain 1 year after Hysterectomy. HELP!

I have been having pain to very severe pain and well my doctor put me on birth control

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.