HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Best time of day to schedule surgery???? Best time of day to schedule surgery????

Unread 05-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Best time of day to schedule surgery????

Good for you. Now try not to worry youself sick until surgery time. The waiting is much worse than the actual surgery. Good luck.

Dumby in alabama
Unread 05-16-2005, 11:40 AM

you are so lucky to have the first surgery of the day,,mine is scheduled for 1:30pm in the after noon on may 23rd,,i hav eto arrive at the hospital at 11:30am... and i have to do the clear liquid diet the day before on top of a bowel prep... i feel as though im beign torchured,lol.... i hope the day flies by,lol.... good luck to you ...dana
Unread 05-16-2005, 02:36 PM

Good for you, glad it is the first of the day.

Mine was also the first of the day.....I was not doing the greatest waiting for the "going under" part. Got up at 4:00 a.m. arrived at 5:30 a.m., surgery at 7:30 a.m. DONE! A longer wait would have just drove me NUTZ!

Funny someone mentioned, the Doc will be well rested. I said to my Doc in the o.r., I sure hope you had a good sleep. He of course said, "I had a wonderful sleep". Phewf!
Unread 05-16-2005, 02:56 PM

I was also given a choice on which surgery to be. If I had chosen the 1st slot I would have had to be at the hospital at 5 a.m.!!! That was just too early for me AND my family. I went with surgery #2 which puts me at the hospital at 7 a.m. - surgery about 9 a.m. That way I will have time to get around, get my shower, take care of last minute details around the house and not be too stressed and hurried. Plus I figure my Dr. will only be 2 hours into his work day and just about hitting his stride by then - at least that's what I hope!
Unread 05-16-2005, 06:52 PM

Mine was scheduled for 1PM, I had to be at the hospital and checked in by 10AM (I was advised that doc always overbooks OR time and runs early). As soon as my IV was in (and they did that ASAP) - I was no longer thirsty, etc... I was joking with the nurses that I was thirsty and hungry - and they told me that the IV would take care of that and it did.

A lot depends on your surgeon - the OR he needs or wants, and his habits. I saw mine before he changed into scrubs when he was in the pre-op area checking up on the nurses (yes, he checked on me before his first procedure of the day)- then when I was going down he was in scrubs.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.