HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Arbonne Hormone Creme Arbonne Hormone Creme

Unread 05-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Arbonne Hormone Creme

I just heard about a hormone cream from Arbonne that is suppose to balance all of your hormones. Does anyone know about this or have you used it? Did it help? What is it?
Unread 05-18-2005, 06:01 PM
Arbonne Hormone Creme

Hi, marymargo!

I did a Google search on this because it's wasn't a name I recalled hearing.

There are two different formulas. One is called Prolief and it is a natural progesterone cream. The other is called PhytoProlief and in addition to progesterone, it contains several herbs.

What are you currently using for hormone therapy? Have you had a look at the list of symptoms common for too much/too little estrogen, progesterone and testosterone? That list can be a good guideline to follow as you try to find your balance with hormones. Generally it's best to start by getting the right dose of estrogen and then add in progesterone and/or testosterone, one hormone at a time. The process can be time consuming but patience can sure pay off!

I hope you'll discuss your hormone needs with your doctor.

s
Unread 05-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Arbonne Hormone Creme

I've been using ProRelief, which is the progesterone cream. I've used other OTC brands and this is the best one I've used yet. It's in a pump dispenser and rubs in really well. I was using a compounded cream, but my dosage was reduced, so I switched to an OTC brand that was providing same levels. It's been over six months, so I don't remember the levels anymore.
Unread 05-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Arbonne Hormone Creme

Dianna,
I don't think you will find a cream OTC that will balance all your hormones. Currently there is not an OTC version of estrogen or testosterone. While some herbs may help with some menopausal symptoms they are not substitutes for our hormones.

Unread 05-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Arbonne Hormone Creme

Ladies I am telling you this is the most awesome product I have ever used. I posted here less than 2 weeks ago about my hormonal miseries. (Night sweats, hot flashes, low libido) I was miserable. I got my fsh level back just this morning and it was 78.3 which tells you how bad I really am Menopausal wise. I went to a talk on Hormones by a well known Gynocologist last week and this is the ONLY cream she recommended. She said it is the only cream of its kind with pharmacutical grade Progesterone with no other additives such as mineral oil and petroleum(which she said also upset your balance). Anyway, I have been using the product 2 times daily since and it has made a world of difference. My night sweats and hot flashes have all but disappeared. The libido I don't know about yet as I am single at this time.:cry:
Try it, I don't know if it will work the same for others as it does me but It is worth a try.

Penny
Unread 05-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Arbonne Hormone Creme

Penny,
Are you using any other hormones or just the Arbonne progesterone? How many milligrams of progesterone are in this product? Thanks.
Unread 05-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Arbonne Hormone Creme

Marymargo,
It is all I use as I am unable to use Estrogen cause I am a smoker. I will check the bottle when I get home but I think there is 20 mg per 1/4 teaspoon. I will try and confirm that for you.
Unread 05-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Arbonne Hormone Creme

hotandtired,

Will you e-mail me the information on the type of progesterone cream you're using? I'm using an OTC one, but sure would like to try yours. Thanks.
Unread 05-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Arbonne Hormone Creme

Penny,
I would also like to know what you are using, I am 6 weeks post op and just started the vivelle dot on Thurdsay and I feel no differant, I have so many hot flashes and cold spells and I am up all night and sleeping all day...and I still am tired, the worst is the hot flashes, they are so often and I am so sick of them, I am not sure about my moods yet, I have been irritable but alot of that has been due to feeling bad and family problems. I will try anything at this point for the hot flashes, it sounds like you have found a miracle cream, also this may be a stupid question but when do you get your hormone levels checked, should my doctor have done this or do they do it after you have been on something for a while. I am in a foreign land here with all of this, at 37 I never even thought about all of this. I did have a total hyst so it has been a big change in more ways than one that is for sure.
Jen
Unread 05-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Arbonne Hormone Creme

Jen,
You are still very early post op. I think that six weeks post op is too early to check levels. Your body is still recovering from surgery and your levels could still be fluctuating alot. For many of us, it can several months before the hormones settle down.

Fatigue and sleeplessness are very common complaints at this point in your recovery. Also, if you're sleeping all day, that could contribute to you being up all night.

You can read about hormones and much more in the articles at www.hormonejungle.com

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.