ovaries attached to other organs, sciatic pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ovaries attached to other organs, sciatic pain ovaries attached to other organs, sciatic pain

Unread 06-05-2005, 11:34 AM
ovaries attached to other organs, sciatic pain

Has anyone had, as part of her hysterectomy, the ovaries cut from other organs b/c of scarring and/or endometriosis implants? I had this on May 17, 2005. I am curious how long it takes to begin to feel like these cut areas are healing. I know every surgery is different and everyone heals differently, but the hysterectomy part seems to be healing well while the other organs that were attached are still having problems.

This was a TAH, my third surgery for endo, and I'm only 28 (no children). The biggest reason for my hysterectomy was sciatic pain associated with endo (apparently, this is very unusual). I can tell they got the source of the pain b/c, when the organs that were cut are hurting, I get the pain again. Before the surgery, I had to quit my job because of the severe sciatic pain and trouble walking. I am worried this is going to continue, but hopeful it won't if those organs can just heal.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2005, 01:55 PM

I had severe scaring and they had to cut everything away from other "things" My uterus, tubes and ovaries were attached to everything around them. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and am feeling much better in the last 4 days. I was taking pain pills up to week 4, the last week and a half of that only in the evenings but I definetly needed them.

Sherry
Unread 06-05-2005, 03:41 PM

I'm seeing my consultant tomorrow for the results of histology reports on my surgery, but he told me straight after the op that both my ovaries were stuck down on either side to the pelvic lining. my surgery was 7 weeks ago and the only discomfort I feel is where I used to have pain from my ovaries on either side. At the moment it almost feels like they are still there! He did say that I had some stitches where they were attached to repair the lining. Funny thing is though that you mention sciatic pain, I have suffered with that for years but never associated it with my endometriosis! maybe there is a connection, I also found out that my uterus was retroverted or tilting back. I wonder if the pain from the endo affected my back and legs, and now it will just take time to heal. I'll find out more tomorrow hopefully. take care xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2005, 09:13 PM

Yes, I had lots of things stuck to other things due to the endo. It was my third surgery for it too, but I am a little older than you. I am 31 and also no kids.
Lets see, my ovaries were stuck to my abdominal wall and my colon, my left ovary was severly enlarged and the fallopian tube was very dilated. My bladder was stuck to my uterus, my rectum stuck to my vagina, my large intestine stuck to my spleen, and my large and small intestine were stuck to each other and everything around it. And my appendix was also adhesed to things and had endo on it and cysts and was acutely inflammed. I also had 3 large "tumors" in my colon and had to have 6 inches taken out because of it. Guess this is not that common either. Basically my GYN/oncologist said it was the worst case of endo he had ever seen.
Anyways, my Doc said I could have more severe pain than most after my TAH, and he has given me pain pills longer than most of my patients. Also had Dilaudid as a pain killer for my stay at the hospital, a truely wonderful drug! He said my recovery could be slower too.
If you think about it the more work they have to do in there with things stuck to other things and such, the more pain you would have than a "simple" tah if there is such a thing.
I am finally at a turning point and am not getting the 7/10 pain anymore. Just a couple days ago it started getting alot less and have been even able to sleep in my bed again!
I don't have the sciatic pain all the time, so I don't think it is related to the endo. I hope yours gets better, that can be very painful. Have you ever went to Physical therapy or anything?
Endo is a nasty thing isn't it??
I hope your recover gets easier and easier. Take care and rest lots, Tiffany
Unread 06-05-2005, 10:33 PM

Hi there,

I also had everything attatched to other organs. I had trouble with siactica post op and asked the doc for physical therapy and it has been a life saver for both my tummy and back! I would reccomend it to everyone.

1 surgery, 31 removed everything. TAH, BSO and gall bladder
4-12-05

I hope you start feeling better,

Hugs,
Billie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register