HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > There's No Place Like Home

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

How to get rid of ANTS!!!!!  HELP How to get rid of ANTS!!!!! HELP

Unread 06-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Angry - How to get rid of ANTS!!!!!  HELP How to get rid of ANTS!!!!! HELP

HELP!!!!!!

Anyone know of any ways to get rid of those tiny kinds of ants????? We have them at work in the kitchen area and have tried several things so far and they KEEP coming back. We do not leave any food about and have bleached it from one end to the other----any sisters out there with an idea (hopefully without using chemicals?????? We have tried these things to no avail thus far: LOTS of Bleach everywhere, someone told us about using Windex, another told us to try Ajax, we read an article and tried Baby Powder.....we just can't seem to get rid of them all and they keep coming BACK!!!!! If anyone has a good idea, please let me know, as I am at my wits end trying to get rid of those things!!!!!!! thanks you all
Unread 06-09-2005, 09:08 PM
How to get rid of ANTS!!!!! HELP

I have heard of using a banana peel in the path of where they are coming in... it can be all dried up. I used that method long ago, but haven't had occasion to use it lately.

Good luck
Unread 06-09-2005, 10:39 PM

Get the little ant bait houses. Make sure the product is good for farrow ants.
You can buy them at Home Depot, Walmart or the grocery store. They will be gone in one or two days.
Unread 06-10-2005, 05:31 AM
Ant relief

Hi blondgrl,
I live in South Florida.. where we have all ants known to man, ha ha. The first thing we do is to figure out what kind of ants it is... some like food, some sugar, some wood, some will sting you, etc. Normally the ones that come in the house will eat food or sugar. There is a product you can buy at Wal mart, home improvement stores, hardware stores, etc. That is called Terra... Sometimes it is Terra X. It is a liquid, in a small bottle, packaged in a red and white box. This contains boric acid, which won't hurt people, animals, or the environment. It will end the ant problem for you. Costs less the $3. You could also make your own using corn syrup and mixing boric acid in it. The way I put it out is this.. I run a day care.. and have pets, so I must be careful. I save small jars.. baby food sized are perfect. Wash and dry them, then punch holes in the lids. Put a few drops of the " bait " inside and lay the jar on its side. We were infested last year after the hurricanes ... I put them anywhere I saw ants. As I saw less and less I started putting them outside the door ways, and where they were likely to be coming in.. Even in my flower pots out side.. they were building nests there.. no ants now.. Ants hate bay leaves, too.
Boric acid is the best also for roaches.. put the powder out where it will remain dry.
For fleas use 20 mule team borax. and moth balls in the vacuum cleaner. Spray with rubbing alcohol when seen. Drops them dead.
Good luck to you,
Nancy
Unread 06-10-2005, 07:11 PM

Thanks sooooo much you all!! I'll try your suggestions!! You've been a great help!!! Wish me luck!!!!
Unread 06-13-2005, 04:15 AM

Maybe you have got rid of them and they have came here for a holiday........................need some ideas too!!
Unread 06-13-2005, 11:43 AM

I have a friend who swears by grits, regular store-bought grits. (I love grits!) The ants take the grits back to the nest and any ant eating the grits swells up and dies. But Walnut has it right - depends on the ant.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!
Unread 06-13-2005, 01:28 PM

I"m glad you posted this question and now got these answers! While I was recuperating, my car was idle for 2 weeks and ANTS invaded my car!!!! It's a new (6 mos) car, no food left in it...I don't know WHAT they think they are doing in there, the little rascals....I'm gonna go try some of these tricks... if I see any more (I sprayed with RAID yesterday), then left the car in the sun and opened the windows for several hours in the afternoon. I'm probably lucky there's no bird in there or something worse, now.
Unread 06-15-2005, 04:08 PM

My gf swears my this, mix powdered sugar & baking soda half & half & spread around, ants can't fart, this mix gives them gas & they die. Also reseal around doors & any crevases as they are coming in from somewhere.
Unread 06-25-2005, 02:00 PM

Just wanted to tell you all that the Terra x and the ant bait traps got all the little ants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are ANT FREE!!!!! yes!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.