HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Bleeding after ablation Bleeding after ablation

Unread 06-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Bleeding after ablation

Hello all. I have gone onto another website in search of an answer to my bleeding but can not find a definate answer. I was hoping that some of you who have had an ablation can help me. I had an endometrial ablation (thermachoice) on May 18th. I have not stopped bleeding since. It has been "brown" until today and now it has turned back to a reddish/pink color. It has now been over 4 weeks and was hoping that it would stop by now, but it's not. I'm still shedding tissue and having light cramps. Is this normal? The bleeding is not heavy by any means, just constant and I'm soooo tired of wearing a pad My gyno said that the final result will not be evident for a few months, but now I can't help but wonder if a hyster wouldn't have been my best option. If anyone can give me any input on their experience post-ablation I would greatly appreciate.

Hugs to all
Unread 06-17-2005, 05:40 AM
Bleeding after ablation

Gracelyn

Hang in there! I had a discharge for about 6 weeks after my thermal ablation last October. You may have your period now mixing in with the discharge from the ablation. Mine got redder before it finally dwindled away. Give it a few more weeks.
You may be too young for the ablation to work long term, but at least it can buy you some time.

Good luck
Unread 06-17-2005, 06:02 AM
Bleeding after ablation

Gracelyn,
On the flip side of the coin....I had a NovaSure ablation in January and had discharge EVERY single day right up to the day of my hysterectomy (5 months!). It wasn't a lot....but it was ALWAYS there and I always had to wear a liner. The reason I had the ablation was because my periods were coming every 2 weeks (I was so tired of wearing protection!). Then, when the discharge wouldn't end....I'd had ENOUGH!! I would've most certainly opted for the hysterectomy the first time around, but my doctor said that they always try to do the least invasive procedure first....understandable, I guess. Well, she finally agreed that my quality of life was being affected, so within 2 weeks of talking with her, I had my hysterectomy. I have visisted the endometrial ablation web-site quite frequently and it is very helpful with lots of answers & support. I don't know the link off hand, but can find it if you'd like. Good luck to you!
Unread 06-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Bleeding after ablation

I think that some of the red blood is my period although it was hard to tell when I started because I never really have stopped bleeding. I put 2 and 2 together and between the PMS symptoms (which were worse this month) and the discharge changing to red, I believe I did start my period. My dr never said when my dh and I could resume intercourse, so we waited only 6 days. I have read that this was too early!! Could this have an impact on my healing? I have noticed that after intercourse, the bleeding/discharge is heavier. I just hope that I haven't "botched" up my recovery & healing process.

Thanks
Unread 06-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Bleeding after ablation

gracelyn

after my abalation i spotted for 3+ months before i became regular. unfortunately, each progressive month i was bleeding heavier and clottier. and then i was in more pain with cramps (almost like contractions) until i had my hyst 9 months later.

i hope that things straighten out for you and the procedure was a success.

take care.

jane321
Unread 06-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Bleeding after ablation

I had an unsuccessful Novasure and spotted almost everyday until my hyst 6 mo later. However, different ablations can have different experiences. Go to http://pub76.ezboard.com/bendometrialablationboard you will find a wealth of information about ablations. It is a discussion group very similar to this except just for ablations.
Cindy
Unread 06-24-2005, 01:07 PM
problesm

I have been having problems since mine too only mine started a year after i had it. i am bleeding for a week out of the month one day heavy but I cramp before and during bad enough my legs even hurt.
Unread 06-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Bleeding after ablation

Thanks to all of you for your input and experiences. I have now gone 4 days without bleeding or cramps so this is wonderful!! I know only time will tell if the ablation was successful but right now I feel 110% better!!

Take Care
Unread 06-24-2005, 01:20 PM
I hope all goes well

I hope yours works out cause mine either did not or something else is wrong i was fine for a year.
do you have any good web cites for ablations? Please email me with the button over there <-----

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.