HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Lumpy abdomen? Lumpy abdomen?

Unread 06-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Lumpy abdomen?

I'm two and a half weeks postop (TAH/BSO), and since surgery have had a different shape to my abdomen. The doctors are not concerned by it - it's raised a little around my incision and indented a little just above that. Does anyone else have this, and does that eventually change?
Unread 06-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Lumpy abdomen?

I was really worried about my stomache too at first. I had a vertical incision and the left side of it was definetly bigger than the right! Looked pretty weird, and it was lumpy lower down, and also the incision bunched up alot when I sat.
Well at 5 and a half weeks post op my left side is pretty much the same size as right and the bunchiness is going away too. Still indented a bit at the incison but definetly better. You still have quite a bit of swelling and where they stitch you inside and out it can cause some funky things underneath I think.
I would assume it will all go back to "normal" whatever that is!
Take care, Tiffany
Unread 06-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Lumpy abdomen?

I still have a lump above the incision , and It is now almost 9 months. I fear my belly will never be flat again. But, I can finally exercise with no pain and I do see a difference in the tone of it.

I shouldn't expect too much, I am 25 lbs heavier than when I had my fourth child. I never regained a flat stomach then either. LOL

I was upset at first, but I now know I am healthy, feel good and finally have energy. It is amazing how much better I feel overall. Even the IBS I had for 2 years has calmed down to practially nothing. I am sure the issues were related to my uterus and cyst on my ovary.

Take your time, heal and you will be back in shape in time. Remember a lot is done when they cut all those things out. The swelling and healing process is better if you do not push yourself.
Unread 06-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Lumpy abdomen?

Thanks-that helps.
Mary Kay, I'm glad you feel so much better, and that even the IBS is improved. Do you know exactly why?
Tiffany, it sounds like you've been through the endo ringer- did you decided not to do HRT or did they recommend it? (Sorry for the tangent)

Conifer
Unread 06-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Lumpy abdomen?

I have a bikini cut, so I have not noticed any lumpy spots. However, I have noticed some swelling with some of my stretch marks from previous pregnancies. It has gotten a little better, but still tender to touch. I think I was *born* with a belly, so I am not that concerned about it! I just hope the belly does not get bigger!

Best wishes to all of ya'll!
Unread 06-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Lumpy abdomen?

Yep--lumpy, lumpy! It's always bigger on the right side too. Doc assures me that I will soon have a flat belly. That's pretty cool to hear since it was never flat before!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.