HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Partial hysterectomy now I have cyst on my ovaries. Partial hysterectomy now I have cyst on my ovaries.

Unread 06-29-2005, 05:31 AM
Smile - Partial hysterectomy now I have cyst on my ovaries. Partial hysterectomy now I have cyst on my ovaries.

Hi,
Well let me start back when I was the age of 27 I had to have a partial hysterectomy. Now I am 45 years old. I have been having severe pelvic pain on my left side. I had a ct scan which showed a 2.4 cm cyst. I have a mother that just pasted away in 2000 from female cancer. The doctor that found the cyst and sent me for the ct scan says due to my age and the pain I am having it be better if I just go ahead and get my ovaries removed. I read on here where others waited to see if it changed and put off the surgery. But my pain is so bad at times I can not function. My doctor said I had two options at this point. I could go on birth control pills see if that shrinks them and helps with the pain or have them ovaries removed. I can not take the birth control pills tried that years ago only to have a bad reaction from them. I wanted to know if anyone else is had this happen to them and what the out come was. I am going to see a surgeon today. I feel with family history and the fact I am having so much pain. It is better to get them removed. But I am scared to death because I know it will send me into instant menopause. But for the last two months I have been having night sweets and mood changes all over the place. Was told this could be caused from the cyst on my ovary. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Deb
Unread 06-29-2005, 05:35 AM
Partial hysterectomy now I have cyst on my ovaries.

Hi Deb,

I can relate to not wanting to go on the BC pills. I took them about 25 years ago and had problems, but then about 3 years ago, before I had my hyst, I took them again --my dr assured me that they were quite different than 20 years ago -- you may want to ask about that.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to be worried about instant menopause, I sure would be!

I suggest a few things here ----

1. we have an OVARIES ONLY forum where women are dealing with having to have 1 or both ovaries removed.
2. the Cancer Concerns forum, where you might get some ideas on how others dealt with their concerns about ovarian cancer
3. the Hormone Jungle - where you can talk to those who are taking HRT.

I hope that you can soon find a solution to your troubles and start to feel better.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.