HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

RIGHT OVARY & TUBE REMOVED RIGHT OVARY & TUBE REMOVED

Unread 07-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Smile - RIGHT OVARY & TUBE REMOVED RIGHT OVARY & TUBE REMOVED

Just thought I would hop on and tell of my experience.

3 weeks ago I was admitted to hospital for a possible hysterectomy due to a 16cm cyst on my right ovary. I was told that I would have a vertical incision from my belly button to my pubic bone. Because of a raised CA225 test and this sort of an incision, I feared the worst.

I went into surgery totally petrified, only to come out to be told only my right ovary and tube had been removed together with a large dermoid teratoma. As you can imagine I was totally wrapt.

I was in hospital for 4 days and experienced alot of pain. When I arrived home, I was still in alot of pain and thought I was never going to feel the same again. I could not walk, sit, laugh, cough, sneeze, wee, poo or anything - It was horrible. BUT three weeks later, I am doing just about everything. I can still feel discomfort and tenderness in the general area and still need to be careful but apart from that, I'm O.K.

I believe my positive attitude helped get me through this and I can't believe that three weeks ago I was a misery. I plan to return to work in the next week as I am totally bored with sitting around doing nothing.
Unread 07-13-2005, 08:48 AM
RIGHT OVARY & TUBE REMOVED

Hi franklin,

I also had to have my right ovary and tube removed. Today is my 5 week anniversary.
I was diagnosed with a cyst and was facing a possible hysterectomy also. They did a laparotomy with a horizontal incision approx 9inch. It turns out I also had Endo which damaged my ovary and tube.
I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. At 5 weeks I am starting to feel normal again with hardly any pain at all. I am not yet back to work; my doctor gave me 6 weeks off. I know it can be boring at home, but I am trying to keep busy at best I can. I just keep thinking about enjoying the rest now because I won't be able to when I get back to work.
You are so right about the positive attitude. It really helped me through the operation and recovery.

Take care

Unread 07-13-2005, 04:12 PM
RIGHT OVARY & TUBE REMOVED

Wow your a quick healer~ i had a cyst removed from my right ovary and a dermoid cyst taken off plus the left ovary and tube and Uterine Ablation all the same day and it's been 9 weeks and i am just getting back to normal, having that ovary and tube taken out was the most painful thing, walking, standing, sitting, moving even breathing hurt! Glad your feeling so good!!!!!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.