Bowels | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Bowels

Every time my bowels move it's very very very painful. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm not constipated, it just hurts throughout the whole process of going.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Bowels

Its Ok Its Really Hard To Go Though I Know But Mine Lasted About 2 Weeks Or So Now I Can Go With No Pain Im Sure Its Normal
Unread 07-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Bowels

Hi! Most of us went through the painful BM. It last awhile, my last about 2 weeks and then wahlaaa it was back to normal. Make sure you drink lots of water, if you need to take some GasX as the gas made my BM worse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Bowels

had my surgery on the 13th. also have the same kind of pain. also have it with gas. Sometimes I feel like it will take me to my knees
Unread 07-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Bowels

Your innards are extra sensitive right now and probably swollen. If it so severe and painful don't be afraid to ask you doc if there is something you can do to help ease the discomfort with bms.

Good luck and happy healing,
Leslie
Unread 07-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Bowels

I felt that pain.
There are still times where it hurts but not as bad, just a little uncomfortable, and you can feel exactly where it's at too. The same with gas, I can feel where it's at in my body and when it's moving.
You are not alone, I just make sure to take 2 stool softners in the morning and 2 at night, and that's helped alot.
Hugz
Bernadette
Unread 07-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Bowels

Certainly feels like that. Needed the laughter, but made my incision hurt
Unread 07-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Bowels

bernadetterolie - that was a visual like none I've ever read on this site! Huge high five to you! Yes, and I agree that it's due to still-swollen insides. The one piece of advice I really kept in mind from this site is "don't strain". If it hurts on its own, it's just hurting and probably not "hurting" you. But if it continues I'd ask a professional! Of course, cheating with something like 'smooth move' tea would make things... um.... very small and easy to pass
Unread 07-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Bowels

I get stabby sort of gas-like pains just before I go, and I'm at 2 weeks. Things are moving smoothly, so it's not related to constipation - just feel pain with the bowel contractions preceding a BM. I'm told that the bowel walls are less flexible after surgery and that once the swelling goes, the pain will stop - I sure hope so!
Unread 07-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Bowels

I am also feeling this a lot and I am so glad to hear that it is normal and that it will go away soon I am already at 8 days Post so It should be gone soon. Alexandra1968

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register