HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

sharp pain only in lower right incision area after 4 weeks! sharp pain only in lower right incision area after 4 weeks!

Unread 07-22-2005, 07:34 PM
sharp pain only in lower right incision area after 4 weeks!

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Other than the sharp pain in the lower right incision area when I stand or sit, I am doing ok. So frustrating! Have any of you suffered from this at 4 wks post op? The weird thing is that this only started happening three days ago, before that was just typical overall pain/soreness/gas. I had a post op at 2 1/2 weeks and the doc said I was healing just fine and both internal and external stitches looked great.

I've been real good and haven't done much of anything except some baking and dishes (no lifting of course), but I guess I had to reach for the flour and sugar. Pretty much I lay around or sit in the recliner I can't think of why this sharp pain is happening, and in just one spot too. Could it be the stairs? the reaching? I've done nothing excessive if at all.

I don't know if this is normal or if I should call the doc for an appointment. Am I just worrying too much? I am nervous as I told my boss I'd be returning to work in two weeks. I don't think I can sit at my desk with this sharp pain (I have a desk job) and I can't take my Percocet because it wipes me out.
Any tips for you all would be so appreciated...

Lilyanna
Unread 07-22-2005, 07:40 PM

(((Lilyanna))),

I am so sorry you are having pains. I had some of my worst pains around 4 weeks, I think because my nerves were finally getting reconnected.

It never hurts to call your Dr when you get a new pain, especially if you are worried about it. He/she may want to see you just to rule out something serious. They can also set your mind at ease. Worry is not a good thing while you are recovering

s,
Kay
Unread 07-22-2005, 08:07 PM

I had some of the same pains on one side around 4-5 weeks and I think it's just the healing process going on in there! Relax - I doubt it's anything to worry about and will soon go away. It can be frustrating though because at a month post-op you think you should be feeling pretty chipper. Take it S-L-O-W, listen to your body, rest as much as you need in order to heal properly now. Good luck!
Unread 07-23-2005, 07:13 AM

I, too, am having pains in my lower right side, along with what seems to be a "lump". My left side kinda goes in, but the right kinda bulges. Had TAH with mesh & sling put in on June 23rd. Anybody else having the same symptoms?
Unread 07-23-2005, 07:16 AM

Yes I am having and U/S next friday to rule out a hernia. THey really think it is the healign process though.
Unread 07-23-2005, 10:50 AM

I've got a pain at the right end of my incision that increased at around 3 weeks -- everything else just hurts if I move the wrong way, or if something presses on the area of the incision, but that one spot hurts for no apparent reason for a lot of the day.

I called the doctor's office and they weren't too interested, they just said that I have to expect pain after surgery. So I don't know if I need to worry about it or not. My next doctor's appt is this wednesday, which will be my 5 week mark (and is supposed to be my last visit).
Unread 07-24-2005, 07:18 AM

I too am having this pain. Had check up 7/22, doc said it's nerve endings healing. I've had that before, this doesn't feel the same to me. Anyone else had this? How long did it last?
Unread 07-31-2005, 11:14 AM

oops
Unread 07-31-2005, 11:15 AM

Good news everyone: my sharp pain in lower right incision has gone away. You were all right, it was nerves healing. I was able to relax a little because of your advice, thank you! Now I just have discomfort and huge swelly belly, which is such a drag... But no more sharp pain. It went away two days ago, at 5 weeks post op. It lasted from 3 1/2 wks to 5 wks, if that helps any of you.

Lilyanna
TAH 10 large fibroids 6/22/05

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.