HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Popped stitches Popped stitches

Unread 08-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Popped stitches

I think I may have popped some stitches this week, but dont know how to tell. I felt because I was having some pretty good pain down on my episiotomy(sp) and there seems to be an opened spot on my perineal area. Does that mean that I have popped some stitches or does it mean something else? I have been on my feet alot this week, because of alot of unavoidable things that needed to be taken care of. I had to go to the dr office on Monday, Tuesday my son broke his arm, Wed I had a dr appt and had to get some back to school shopping done(school starts on Aug 11 here) and today I had to have my MRI done on my hip. I really hope that I didnt do any damage to myself by over doing things. Can someon who has been there tell me if I am alright, or if I have possibly popped some stitches loose. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Unread 08-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Popped stitches

Hi Dianna,
I can't really tell you, but if it feels different to you I think you should call and ask your dr about it. You are only 3 weeks post op,which is very early for all you had to do this week. When you call be sure to tell your dr what you have been doing.
You are the best judge of what is happening with your own body. If you think something might be wrong you really could be right. Let us know what you find out for sure.
In the mean time, please get off your feet and let yourself rest. Your body needs to heal and you aren't giving it much of a chance to do that.

's,Rita
Unread 08-04-2005, 11:04 PM
Popped stitches

Thank you for your response Rita. I will call my dr in the morning to see what she says....if they will talk to me. Not that I dont like my dr, but they make me feel like a real baby when I call with a concern to talk to them about. I dont know if I am just being supersensitive, or if it is really the way I have been seeing it. I will push to get an answer though, because I really do feel that something is wrong down there. Thanks again for your advice. I really appreciate it.
Unread 08-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Popped stitches

If it's any help, I had something pretty similar, also after doing more than I should (but no help for it, DH got real sick). It closed up by itself before I could get back to DR and was not apparent at postop visit the next week, nurse said may have beem stitch working itself out. Warm soaks helped. But you should still call DR and put your mind at ease.
Unread 08-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Popped stitches

I will definitely call my dr today to see what she says. Hope she doesnt tell me that its normal and that I am overreacting. She is one of those who is teh suck it up and t ake it type docs. I didnt know that about her b4 my surgery. She is completely different when you are dealing w/ a pregnancy then she is when you are post op. She kinda makes me feel guilty about calling to ask questions. I have actually just started calling my GP to ask her. She is more willing to hear my concerns and trying to help me fix them.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.