HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Sonohysterogram Results Sonohysterogram Results

Unread 08-13-2005, 01:17 AM
Sonohysterogram Results

Well, I got the results of my sono today. The report says:

"A focal smooth contour bulge is noted in the left posterior body of the uterus associated with a heterogeneous solid intramural versus subserosal mass measuring 2.2 x 1.6 x 1.8 cm. There is also suggestion of a small fundal hypoechic poorly defined lesion measuring 1.1 cm and diffuse inhomogeneous exchotexture of the remainder of the uterus."

I looked up the heterogeneous solid intramural and the results came back with leiomyoma(I'm not sure if that's how you spell it).

I had my biopsy today but they said that it would take ten days for the results. Urgh! I am so sick of this waiting!

I am trying to keep positive but I'm really struggling. To boot, I've had a really bad week. After being written up twice and being told my boss on Wednesday that I was a burden to the department I work in because of my dr.'s appts, I walked out and quit. No, it probably wasn't the right decision but it was definitely adding to my stress. Since Wednesday I have lost four pounds.

I am trying to keep my chin up. I've been looking for another job and spending a lot of much needed time with my ds. He starts school Monday(what happened to after Labor Day). I volunteered to do some stuff at the school to occupy my time until I get another job.

I guess I'm just in shock about all this. The dr. told me today that a very small percentage turn out to be cancer.

I'm sorry to be such a downer. Just had to vent!
Unread 08-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Sonohysterogram Results

s cwaggie

You are not a downer! We have all been thru the waiting game like you are facing now. It is not fun and it will drive the most sane person insane!!!!

If the job was stressing you that much, then you did the right thing. You don't need any more stressors in your life right now.

I'm glad you have been able to spend time with your ds. That, and volunteering at the school, will make the time go by faster.

Sorry, I'm not much help on the sono report. You may want to google each medical term and piece it together that way??

Anyways, we are here for you 24/7, whether to ask a question or vent. The is always on.

Unread 08-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Sonohysterogram Results

I hope this helps you, I was told the same thing, and discovered that a leiomyoma is another term for Fibroid. Found this also on the internet

Background: Leiomyomas are benign soft-tissue neoplasms that arise from smooth muscle. They can develop wherever smooth muscle is present. Malignant transformation probably does not occur.

Please try not to worry, I know that it is hard, but try. I was told I had multiple leiomyoma's. The doctor even went so far as to tell me "you are full of cancer". Well needless to say, I hauled myself to another one, was told what I had, endometriosis, fibroid tumors, and possibly adenomyosis, which was confirmend with surgery. I hope this helps you in some way!

Margaret
Unread 08-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Sonohysterogram Results

Aw cwaggle

Leiomyomas are most often benign - it's just a fancy medical term for uterine fibroids. Here's a great link:
http://www.4woman.gov/faq/fibroids.htm

My transvaginal ultrasound pre-op showed fibroids.
My pathology report of the uterus post-op showed that I had 3 of these.

I'm so sorry that your job is (was) stressful.
You know that it's not legal for your boss to harass you about having medical problems or drs appointments!!
You should have gone to your HR dept to get your boss to back off. I'm sure HR would give your boss a good talkin' to about the legality of this!
My boss had issue with me being gone and HR gave him a good talk! He changed his tune real quickly and tried (as best he could ) to be a more normal human being.

Shoozie
Unread 08-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Attorney

I would talk to an attorney... I can think of two topics "discrimination" and "hostile work environment". You no longer wanted to go to work because your boss made you feel like you were such a burden to the company.

Yes, the way your boss treated you is against the law!

Good Luck!
Unread 08-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Sonohysterogram Results

Thank you so much for the link. I have an appt tomorrow and again on Tuesday so hopefully can get some answers. The Dr. that did the sonohysterogram told me that the fibroid was not big enough to be causing the bleeding I have been having. I guess I'm to the point of I just want it out so I can get on with my life. I feel like I get two steps ahead and then it's three steps back. If I have to have surgery, I'd rather get it over with before I go back to work again.

As far as work, unfortunately I was the HR department and payroll! I went to our General Manager and CFO to no avail. I requested a meeting with the President of the Company. The company I worked for wasn't very large. The President denied my request for a meeting. I have filed a claim with EEOC and also got the name of a labor attorney and I am supposed to talk to him tomorrow.

I've lost four pounds since leaving on Wednesday. I think the stress and long hours had really gotten to me. I was working 11 and 12 hours days plus going to doctors appts, etc. The personal trainer at my gym said maybe my body will heal now. I certainly hope so.

Thanks again. You guys are so wonderful and I am glad there is a place for us to go to vent.

Cathy
Unread 08-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Sonohysterogram Results

Cathy
Good girl! I think you've done the right steps in filing a claim with the EEOC. I did go through this nightmare with a different employer due to age discrimination and got nowhere with it. But.. if you have good documentation, hopefully you'll get further than I did.
I will add that the perpetrators at my former job are no longer there (it would seem that the president didn't appreciate them causing enough trouble that it went to the EEOC!)

Working 11-12 hrs per day and going to drs appointments? You were more than filling your work obligation to that place!!

Do you have some insurance to cover your medical bills and possible upcoming surgery?

I would agree with you.. you were under a great deal of stress and you should be able to relax now and get this stress behind you - and hopefully heal and feel much better soon!!

Shoozie
Unread 08-14-2005, 12:26 PM
GOOD for you!

I can't believe employers are getting by with this. I hope you get somewhere with your case!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.