HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

I'm 2 weeks post op and still feeling bad....any help? I'm 2 weeks post op and still feeling bad....any help?

Unread 08-16-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm 2 weeks post op and still feeling bad....any help?

Hi! I am 2 weeks post-op from a tvh with a&p repair with tvt sling, I still feel like Frankenstein with all my stitches. I am still having a hard time sitting upright and walking makes me so achy. Any helpful hints? My DH has been off work 2.5 weeks but goes back soon. I have 6 kids that I will need to take care of starting Monday.
Unread 08-16-2005, 03:53 PM

Oh dear... I feel for you. I too had a rough recovery and was now where near feeling good at 2 weeks. For some of us the healing time just takes a bit longer, especially if there are complications. I had an entrapped nerve that had to be injected with lidocaine and epinephrine 2x. Then I developed an abcess that ruptured an caused a severe infection at 5 weeks post op that landed me back in the hospital for 5 days.
Pain management and rest are the most important- plus a good diet high in protein. How old are the children you are going to be caring for? I have 3 that are 6, 4 and 2. There was no way that I could care for them by myself at 3 weeks. Especially with a 5lb lifting restriction.

Listen to your body and don't push it. Believe me its not worth it or lengthing your recovery any longer than it is already taking. I understand if its finacial worries that you feel that you need to get back to your job right away, but if you push it, you'll be worse off in the long run like I was. I started to feel better at 9 weeks.

Sending you a big Hope you feel better soon!
Leslie
Unread 08-16-2005, 06:31 PM

2 weeks is still pretty early in the recovery period for all that you had done. I hope some of your six kids (wow) are old enough to help you and the others. If they're all young, I'd definately try to get someone to help during the day until you're feeling better.

Jeam

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway