HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Tattoo before surgery Tattoo before surgery

Unread 08-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Tattoo before surgery

Hey ladies! I'm having a TVH in 3 weeks and am wondering if anyone would have information on getting a tattoo before then. I would get it on my lower leg, nothing major, just a small dragonfly. I haven't called the GYN office yet to see if this is a good idea or not. Anyone have any input or wise advice? Thanks everyone! I love the information I get on this site. Everyone is so honest and sincere!!!!
Unread 08-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Tattoo before surgery

This is just my 2 cents, but I would wait. You never know if your new tattoo may be infected. If it does become infected then you risk your surgery being canceled. Maybe have it done after the surgery.
Good luck with your decision!!
Unread 08-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Tattoo before surgery

I agree with Tanner413. You just never know. Good luck with your decision.
Unread 08-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Tattoo before surgery

Hi I have two tatts but would not advise getting one done this close to surgery. I agree with the other ladies on this. Seeing you have come this far to having the surgery a few weeks will not make much of a diffrence. It would be worse if they have to cancell the surgery because of it. Good luck

Love and Huggles Lynne
Unread 08-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Tattoo before surgery

I have 3 tats, but I would advise that you wait until after the surgery. If the tat becomes infected, and you are trying to fight off the infection, the doc may cancel the surgery, and we all know you dont need that....... Just my opinion.
snickers
Unread 08-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Tattoo before surgery

Hi! I have 3 tats and I would wait. You don't want to risk possible infection. Plus, when a tattoo starts to heal it itches. Not that you should scratch it, but you'll need to keep lotion on it for awhile and I'm not sure if you want to be bending down to apply it! (You did say lower leg?)

Good luck!
Unread 08-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Tattoo before surgery

I got a large tattoo 2 days before I had surgery for a ruptured appendix. The only problem I had was itching, but I had an antibiotic iv too. I don't see a problem with it, but that's just me. Good luck.
blessings-
amber
Unread 08-26-2005, 07:18 AM
Tattoo before surgery

You guys are so awesome!!!! I DO think I will wait. I just wanted to get it done and have it healed before we go to Hawaii in November. Not sure how long it takes to heal, but will take the chance and not get it before my TVH. I really appreciate everyones input. Only 20 days to go before I go to the castle!!!!!! Can't wait for the pain and gross humongous clots to be done!
Unread 08-26-2005, 07:39 AM
Snap :grin:

Hi Meri2005 it looks like we are going in on the same day! it will be a huge relief to get this all sorted out I must admit I had not worked it out in days it makes it look nearer!!!

I will be thinking of you and all the other es to be on that date all the best wishes in the world for a painfree op and speedy recovery and a new pain free life aferwards!

Hawaii in November some people have all the luck! I think we will be lucky if we make Southend this year lol but I do have wonderful memories of Florida from the last two years.

Love and Huggles Lynne
Unread 08-26-2005, 07:44 AM
Tattoo before surgery

hello everyone
just a quick note to say i'm on my way to the castle in 15 minutes. i'm not as nervous as what i thought i would be- nerves were bad yesterday. thank you for all the support on this site it has been very helpful to me. i will write when i get home
thanks again
donna

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.