terrible pelvic and back pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

terrible pelvic and back pain terrible pelvic and back pain

Unread 08-24-2005, 08:29 PM
terrible pelvic and back pain

Hello
I am to have a lapro and cystocele and tvt done soon. The dr is going to check everything to make sure I don't have any of my repaired prolapses back.
I have been having terrible pain and pulling feeling in my lower back and going through my buttocks into my upper back legs. I do have some back problems dating back to 14 years ago, but haven't had any real problems with my back until the last week. I woke up this morning and my pelvic area and back hurt so bad that I couldn't go to work. I never would have made it through the day. I hadn't called in sick to work since my pre hyst days which was 15 months ago.I have a high tolerance for pain, but couldn't tolerate it today.
I know when I had my enterocele/rectocele I had back pain and pressure, but those prolapses were repaired. I have to wonder if they may be back. I still do the splinting thing to empty about 50% of the time.
Have any of you experienced this type of back pain and pulling when you had prolapses? I am afraid it may be time for me to see a back dr. I had bulging discs L5 and L6 and arthritis inbetween and narrowing of the spinal colum in that area.That was 6 years ago. It was diagnosed by cat scan. I was off of work for 2 months and went through PT. I worked on strengthening my abdominal muscles but the pt said they were pretty much shot due to the 4 c sections. I've had the TAH since through the same incision. Sometimes I feel I am doomed to keep having prolapses as my muscles are weak and the uro/gyn thinks I have nerve damage.
Thanks for letting me vent.I am just so discouraged!
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2005, 05:36 AM

right before my repairs on the 12, i remember working in the yard with DH and saying my back hurt soooo bad plus the pelvic area almost ached.. like the whole area just HURT!!! i couldn't stand it,but like you i have a pretty high tolorance for pain so i just went along. i woke up the next day and it took along time to "get going" i would have alot of back pain,but i only delt with the prolaps for about 6-7 months.. so now that it's "fixed" i don't have any back pain... maybe after your repairs it will ease up. good luck. and take care
Unread 08-25-2005, 10:42 AM

Thanks coffeelover.
I sure hope the back pain goes away and it isn't from my old injuries. It does feel better today for some reason. Maybe because I have been off of work for 2 days now. I have taken viccodin to relieve the pain and it seems to have helped.I just know it is so hard to get clothes out of the dryer and to push anything that weighs a little. I will be so glad when the 12th gets here. I am actually ready for surgery. I am also praying the dr. will find what is causing my abdominal pain issues and be able to fix it. I am so ready to move on with my life!
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2005, 05:01 PM

((Peggy))

I am so sorry you are in so much discomfort. I have had the lower back pain alot with my pelvic floor issues and in fact the doctor just pressed on my back to day to see if it was hurting back there. I have had trouble also lifting anything that has any kind of weight to it. In fact, I sometimes make several trips to remove clothes from the dryer. I don't pick up the whole load. Groceries are the worst too. Before surgery, I use to carry 2 or 3 bags of groceries at a time. Now, I just do one and if that's too heavy, I ligthen the load. It seems any type of lifting, I feel pressure in the pelvic area and back. Sitting is what really kills my back and trips in the car.

Sending best wishes your way. Take Care.

Try to take it easy before your surgery and get some extra rest.
Unread 08-25-2005, 06:49 PM

Thanks Poofy. I will try to take it easy. I just wished my surgery was tomorrow. I ate dinner then took a walk. Within a few minutes I had such sharp terrible abdominal pains. That seems to happen after I eat anymore. I am worried I may have hernias in there on top of my prolapse(s). I am scared to find out what all may be wrong.I just hope the surgeon doesn't miss anything. I want this to be my very last surgery.
Peggy
Unread 08-25-2005, 07:15 PM

((mtdewpg)) Since my hyst, when I get gas pains they are in the very lower part of my abdomen and it is the worst pain. I never had gas pains like this before. I haven't mentioned this to my doctor because it's just when I have gas in there. I believe I have IBS, I have all the symptoms and if I am not careful with what i eat I really suffer. I also think maybe something to do with uterus being removed and organs dropping some. It's not enough to concern me because it doesn't happen too often.

You take Care. Keep thinking positive thoughts.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register