HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Work it Out - Fitness in Action

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Curves...How much does it cost? Curves...How much does it cost?

Unread 08-31-2005, 10:38 AM
Curves...How much does it cost?

I called my local Curves to see how much it would cost me, and they would not tell me. They said I needed to come in for an evaluation. I explained to the lady that I did not need her sales pitch, I was interested, but I need to know if it is something I can afford. I have no desire to sit through a sales pitch and then be embarassed that I can't afford it. Can any of you ladies give me some idea of how much you pay?
Unread 08-31-2005, 12:09 PM

I believe there was a $74.00 joining fee and the monthly cost at my Curves are $39.00 per month or if you commit for the year $29.00 with an additional %10 off if you paid for the full amount. I think that is what it cost. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will come along to correct me.
Unread 08-31-2005, 01:22 PM

Hi there

I was also taken aback when I first called my local Curves, and they told me that they couldn't quote a price over the phone. Even more, when I showed up at their door, a year later (having a very good clue of how much it would cost me and knowing I wanted to join) I had to wait and book an appointment for an "evaluation".

Still, I found out that their costs are pretty much the same throughout my region: I'm in Canada, the cost is 199.00 membership, but they waive 100.00 of that if you sign up on the day of the evaluation. Monthly costs depend on whether or not you sign up for the year, with automatic deductions, or if you prefer to go on a month-to-month basis. My monthly fees, with tax, is 42.00. That's either less than most gyms or about the same. In the US, it's probably a whole lot cheaper.
Unread 09-02-2005, 02:58 PM

I don't currently have a Curves membership but was thinking about joining so I asked a friend at work what she pays. Her Curves had a $150 sign up fee and $30 per month thereafter.

I would imagine that each Curves may have varying prices. You might also want to look in the paper and mail for any coupons or specials that might come out. Not sure if Curves has specials, but it wouldn't hurt to look around.

P.S. As a side note, Dany's $42 Canadian dollars would be about $33 USD so her costs seem to be in line with what we're paying here in the US.
Unread 09-02-2005, 03:02 PM

Curves does have specials, at least the one I go to: sometimes they have promotions for free months, for instance during the Food Drive Week (If you took a bag filled with groceries), sometimes the join up fee is waved. It's a good idea to check the papers and to talk to people who are members.
Unread 09-22-2005, 06:49 PM

Just joined their weight loss program and it was $69.00 that they use towards the membership. If you want to use their workout stuff it's $29.00 per month. Just weighed and measured after my first week and lost 4 lbs, 1 inch in the the bust, 1 inch in the abdomen and a half inch in my waist....YIPEE!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.