HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Help - swallowed my tempoary crown?! Help - swallowed my tempoary crown?!

Unread 09-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Help - swallowed my temporary crown?!

Yikes...I think I may have swallowed a large temporary crown (for a molar) today. Not sure how or when...but it's missing! I'll call my dentist in the morning, or sooner...what do you think?

Has anyone had this happen? In the past, I've had them get loose, and had to get them re-cemented, but this time there was no warning! Does anyone know if it's ok to swallow them?

Any thoughts appreciated. I'm due to have the real crown place next week...grrr!

Unread 09-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Help - swallowed my tempoary crown?!

Don't panic! I swallowed a permanent crown. My dentist used temporary cement. I wasn't about to "retrieve" it and have it permanently cemented. I had to have a new permanent crown made. And, by the way, the dentist used plenty of permanent cement on the new one.

Just call you dentist in the morning and tell him you'll be in to have a new temporary installed.

Carol
Unread 09-11-2005, 10:17 PM

Hi Carol

Thanks for your response! I guess it will just pass through, if I really swallowed it? Just thinking of the sharp edges

Bad enough to swallow a temporary...but a permanent?! I hope your dentist bought the replacement!

Unread 09-11-2005, 11:12 PM

I wasn't about to pay for the replacement. It was the first and only time my dentist had ever used "temporary" cement with my crowns. I don't remember feeling any sharp edges when it passed through--apparently it had enough "packing material" surrounding it.

Carol

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.