HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Back again.... sore & painful breasts 1 year later?! Back again.... sore & painful breasts 1 year later?!

Unread 09-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Back again.... sore & painful breasts 1 year later?!

Hello everyone!
It's been quite some time since I posted on the site. I have been doing really well since my hyster last year, 8-03-04. I had TAH but left both ovaries. Recently though I have had some very sore, painful breasts. Sort of like before my period or during pregnancy. It's very annoying! Don't even ask me if it's around the time I should be having PMS because since the surgery I don't even bother keeping up with that. I've also noticed some pain on both sides, 1st the right, then the left, where my ovaries are. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this crazy stuff happen to them so far out. I had an appt. with my GYN yesterday but didn't get to go due to financial reasons but have rescheduled for next month. I'd appreciate any help in this... I'm beginning to wonder if it's sympathy pains for my friend that is pregnant maybe???? Hmmmmmm..........
Thanks gals!

Crystal
Unread 09-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Back again.... sore & painful breasts 1 year later?!

Hi Crystal I wonder if you might be perimenopausal? Sometimes ladies who keep their ovaries find that they start to go into menopause several years earlier than they otherwise might have.

Perhaps you could ask your DR to do a FSH test? FSH is a pituitary hormone that is secreted in response to low estrogen levels. It is a messenger chemical that tells the ovaries to make more estrogen. If the ovaries don't respond well, then the pituitary cranks out more FSH... so a high FSH level means the ovaries aren't functioning normally - ie they are going into menopause.

When the ovaries start to fail, all the hormone levels start to drop off. What happens is that the androgens (testosterone) drop off faster than the estrogens, so that one may end up estrogen dominant, the major symptom of which would be the sore breasts. You could also have night sweats and/or hot flashes, but not all women do.

I hope this helps... let us know what your DR says, OK?
s,
-Linda

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.