HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Vaginal Cuff treatment Vaginal Cuff treatment

Unread 09-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Vaginal Cuff treatment

I am 7 weeks post a TAH, right ovary spared. I went for check-up yesterday and the vaginal cuff isn't healing and was treated with silver nitrate and put on Cleocin vaginal cream. I can resume light activity, but nothing else until I go back in one month . I know that it is not uncommon for this to happen, but when will I get back to normal And my Doctor talked to me about a vaginal cuff repair, how long does this surgery put us back to square one?
Unread 09-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Vaginal Cuff treatment

I had the granulation and was treated for it 3 times all within a couple of months time. I had the silver nitrate treatments, and hormone issues, joint aches, allergie problems,constipation, fatigue , and worked on getting back into my exercise all between 6 months to a year. I think for some of us it may take up to a year depending what issues we are facing, some longer unfortunately.

I hope your recovery doesn't drag out, but the body needs time to heal, afterall, it is major surgery.

s
Unread 09-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Vaginal Cuff treatment

I had my 6 week check today, and my doc did the silver nitrate, but said I was healing fine, and I didn't need to come back unless I was still bleeding after intercourse.

Seraa
Unread 09-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Vaginal Cuff treatment

I had the same problem with my cuff not healing. I went in on Sept 20th and they said it looked irritated and not healing and gave me an antibiotic that you put into the vagina. When I went back in yesterday for another check-up, the DR said it seem's to be healing nicely now.

I hope thing's start healing for you and that you don't have to have a cuff repair. Good luck and many hug's.
Unread 09-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Vaginal Cuff treatment

I had some silver nitrate put on my vaginal cuff two weeks ago and went back to the dr today and it was healed. I now have some more granulation tissue on my bladder repair area. Doc mentioned if several treatments don't work that it's back to the OR to fix it under anesthesia. It's just an outpatient procedure. I didn't want to hear that, but I don't think that the recovery from that is as extensive as the H.
Unread 10-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Vaginal Cuff treatment

Does that nitrate treatment hurt?
Unread 10-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Vaginal Cuff treatment

Did you have any discomfort that led you to think your cuff hadn't healed or did the Dr. just find it at the exam. I went for my 6 week exam last Wed and the Dr. didn't do a pelvic exam even though I have been having a lot of cramping, burning pain and I'm still having it. She said since the CAT scan was clear everything was fine. Could she tell about the vaginal cuff from the scan?
Unread 10-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Vaginal Cuff treatment

The silver nitrate treatment may burn a little, but it's not too bad at all.

Chrissy, I don't know hot the Dr would see the tissues on the vaginal cuff from a CT scan. It seems like they need to look inside with the internal exam. I had treatment to the cuff a couple weeks ago and got checked and it's now healed. I have some tissue no healing on other repairs and it does burn and and is uncomfortable. I would go back to the dr for an internal if I were you just to be sure.
Unread 10-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Vaginal Cuff treatment

Chrissy,

I didnt really have any vaginal discomfort other than feeling like I had a tampon inserted and a little itching up in there. I get an internal exam every week though and have since I had the TAH. I have had a few problem's right from the start. I would call, like beachlady has said, and have the DR do an internal exam. Tell him/her you would feel more comfortable if they did take a look in there and that it would put you at ease. Good luck and many hug's!
Unread 10-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Vaginal Cuff treatment

Gee, I feel really dumb asking this question, but what the heck is a vaginal cuff??

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.