HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Anyone here that had ovarian tumor??? Anyone here that had ovarian tumor???

Unread 10-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Anyone here that had ovarian tumor???

I am having TAH on Oct 27th for an ovarian tumor...kind of a large one....has anyone here had surgery for the same...or going to surgery for the same??? Just trying to get some other people to talk to about it...Thanks
Unread 10-14-2005, 10:53 PM

Maybe posting in the pre-op/post-op would be better for you. I've had a tumor before so I know what it's like............hope that all goes well for you. Kay
Unread 10-14-2005, 11:00 PM

I know...hehehe...I hit the wrong post...How big was your tumor.??
Unread 10-14-2005, 11:07 PM

Not to sure about the size but my doctor said that it was lucky that they operated when they did because as soon as they opened me up it burst. That was a long time ago, I was only 21 at the time. Kay
Unread 10-14-2005, 11:09 PM

Wow...mine is good size...looks like Im pregnant...They dont think its cancerous...so thats a good thing...but this is my first surgery...46 yrs old...and I am a nervous wreck........
Unread 10-14-2005, 11:15 PM

Feel free to pm me if you'ld like. Kay
Unread 10-15-2005, 05:14 AM

Hi Toonervous

I have a tumor on my left ovarie 5.3 cm. I've had it for 2 years now but it has started growing. The doctor doesn't think it's cancer but cannot tell until it's taken out and sent to pathology.

I tell you it's been a nightmare with the bloating and pain. The doctor says that I have been through menopause but I don't think so. I haven't had a period for over a year but I still get the "feeling" once a month which sends hormones making my body crazy.

I have also put on 30 pounds in a year and cannot understand it. I've read that that may be another symptom. The doctor says no.

Anyway I know how you feel. I'm scared of the surgery, scared of cancer, scared of not being able to be intimate with my husband. But more than that I am looking forward to feeling better. I'm looking forward to losing this bloated belly.

Do you have these same symptoms? I'd like to know your experiences.
God Bless
Unread 10-15-2005, 09:24 AM

Hi Songofjoy...I have notice bloating about last yr at this time...but was just alittle...I never have any pain from it or bleeding or being sick...the only symptons that let me to the dr was this extreme bloating of my belly..when they did an ultrasound they said they seen a mass in the pelvic area...then sent me for ct scan...and that when the dr advised me its an ovarian tumor...of course I was scared to death...till I found out how common they are...They don't feel it could be cancer..dr. says its mobile..and smooth...also they dont see any fluid around it and no lymphnodes (??if I spelled that right) but of course then they tell you they will have to sent to pathology at surgery...They also said one good thing that my only sympton is the swelly belly...Makes me look about 7-8 months pregnant...The dr said its a good size...but size doesnt mean its cancer...But I am just petrified of the surgery...I just want to wake up and be done...and back on the road again...
Unread 10-15-2005, 09:31 AM

Toonervous, I had an ovarian tumor 10 years ago. 15x20 cm, kind of huge considering that I weighed 105 pounds at the time. They had to cut me from belly button to pelvic bone to get it out. It turned out to be a mucinous (filled with fluid) benign tumor. I was very scared about the surgery, but it went very well and I recovered quickly from the surgery. Feel free to ask me any questions. Best of luck with your surgery.
Unread 10-15-2005, 09:40 AM

Hi Beachlady...Thats about the size of mine...They mentioned the part about it may be a mucinous tumor...that they see alot of those...Was your belly real bloated with yours...I have no pain...bleeding or any other symptons...just a big belly...like Im pregnant......?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.