HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Complications and bladder sling Complications and bladder sling

Unread 10-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Complications

I had my partial hystorectomy on July 5. I had prolapsed organs. My uterus was removed and a bladder sling was placed. My doc slit my bladder on accident during the surgery. I came home with a cath, 2 days later it was removed. Next day another one put in for 2 more days. I have not been able to void right since the surgery. I am currently seeking help from a urologist. I feel tired, fat and helpless. I was in a 16/18 when I went in surgery. Now I'm lucky to fit into 20/22. If anyone has had similar problems with the bladder sling and could offer suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I feel alone in this.
Unread 10-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Complications and bladder sling

Hello there,
I"m so sorry to hear about your complications. I had a TVT, vaginal hysterectomy and a Anterior Posterior Vaginal wall repair too. My Doc didn't nick my bladder thank heavens but I've had two post op infections-kidney UTI and yeast. Now I have a vaginal cuff abscess and am meeting him this morning. I also feel alone and am sick of this and even myself at times. I'm still bloated from surgery too. I can only wear elastic waist soft material. I wore jean capris the other day and I regreted it later for sure. I'm not weighing myself as to avoid adding more frustration. I'm trying to keep myself in bed resting and that's been the hardest task for me. You are definitely not alone in this. I am brand new to this site and there are so many women like us here. Did you get any post op infections from having to have the catheders removed and put in so much? Watch for that because it can get really painful. Good luck and if you ever need anyone to chat with my email is shonna@visualmktg.biz
Unread 10-26-2005, 01:37 AM

Hi Teach...please read my thread "Over a Year not better...worse!!!help!!" I think may be in the same boat...have you gotten any answers to your problem??? If so i am all ears
Unread 10-26-2005, 06:02 AM

hi teach, i am 47 years old and had 2 sling bladder susp. in the last 14 months, and I still wet with any little laugh or sneeze. anyway my doc didn't knick anything but after my first i had to keep the cath a while and like you had it taken out only to go right back in. After that I had to self cath for a few weeks. After it was out I had trouble for the longest time. I didn't feel bad or hurt but I would just be able to trickle, and it would take a while to even get that started but eventually i started being able to go more and graduated right back to where i am now. the second time i didn't need the catheter but it didn't work at all.now they want to do some kind of collagen injection but i'm kind of tired of the whole thing. good luck to you
Unread 10-26-2005, 11:42 AM

Please read "over a year..not better..worse" as to not have to retype it all. I don't feel so alone anymore when I am here. I have been so depressed over the last year with the bladder problems..especially since my doc had said I would be so pleased with the difference the surgery would have on my life...not...I know I must do something just not wanting to go through it all again and especially not sure I want her my GYN to do the surgery. But how embarassing to be standing in your laundry room with your 4 year old son feel the urge to pee and all you can do is grab a towel and stand on it..And to have him look up at me as I burst into tears and say " Mommy you peed in your pants.....Its ok mommy don't cry it was an accident just go to the pottie next time" He was so sweet about it ..I was devastated. How do I explain to a child to not wait til its too late to go to the bathroom then turn around and wet myself in front of him...I hate this!!! One day my daughter and i returned home from a movie shes 15 and we used to all race to see who got bathroom first. I kept telling her no Amber i have to go now!!!! She thought I was playing around she forgets the problems I have....She felt so bad as she reached the bathroom first and plopped down and I stood outside the door and wet myself and of course burst into tears...she kept saying I am so sorry I forget. I told her it was ok...its not their fault...it is just so degrading/depressing to have no control over your own body .
Unread 10-26-2005, 12:54 PM

I wish I had advice or something but I don't. I can only send and a willing ear. I've been reading all the threads in this forum because I recently received my diagnosis of cystourethrocele and rectocele. I definitely have stress incontinence, as I've had a bad cough for several months and now I have graduated from a liner to a real pad. It's terribly frustrating to experience this and I am at least able to keep things controlled with the pad. I am so sorry you are going through all these problems and I am so sorry you have to have accidents around your young child. I hope you will start to find some real help soon.

Desk
Unread 10-26-2005, 01:49 PM

I am so sorry too. The TVT Bladder Repair that my Doctor did is working. I no longer wet myself due to a cough-screaming, sneezing etc. I just had a hard recovery for the first five weeks. My Doctor did the TVT repair laproscopically and isn't very evasive. His phone number is 512-451-8211 and is Dr Michael Phillips. Maybe he can refer you to a new surgeon who does this type of bladder repair in your area. Where are you located? I had a Hysterectomy and a Vaginal Wall repair. The vaginal wall repair was horribly painful but not the TVT bladder. Let me know if there is any way at all I can help. My email is shonna@visualmktg.biz

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.