Week 3 confessions | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Week 3 confessions Week 3 confessions

Unread 11-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Week 3 confessions

Please no judgment, I just needed a place to feel safe to talk. I am 3 weeks today TAH with bladder repair and an RN, I should know better. I had sex this past weekend, and was fine with that, untill I went shopping on my own yesterday and was too exhausted to finish and had groin and abd pain, I am now back on the couch and trying to rest for a cross country flight this thursday to NY, I am moving January and thought this would somehow be a good time for Job interviews and apartment searching, after all I'm off for six weeks, What was I thinking???? this is the worst, I'm taking ambien to sleep and only getting still at most 6 hours. OK enough, I have been reading all the post since day one and I am so glad I found this site. Thanks so much for reading I am so not a good patient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Week 3 confessions

No judgements here! I do think you should call your doctor and let him/her know what you did. You should be checked to make sure there is no rips or infection. It could just be that week 3 is hard and painful for you, it was one of my worst weeks. Please take it easy and take care of yourself. I am sure being a RN you know all the potienal (sp) complications you may be setting yourself up for.
Very gentle hugs!!!
Unread 11-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Week 3 confessions

I agree with Tanner...fess-up and get checked so that while you are resting for that trip this weekend, you can ease you mind that all is fine otherwise.

I remember going grocery shopping at three weeks with my DD. I drove, she pushed the cart, did all the lifting, bending, loading and unloading and I was exhausted from just walking around and telling her what we needed (for 20 minutes). Weeks 3 and 4 were hardest because I felt I should be up to doing my routine and I wasn't. Once I just accepted the fact that I still needed help and that was okay, things got easier.

As far as the sex goes...I remember thinking that it was some sort of cruel joke that my libido was so high when I couldn't act on it...so did my DH!!!

Take care of yourself and get lots of rest. Good luck on the job interviews and your upcoming move.

Maggiemay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Week 3 confessions

this is my 4th week and I have to agree with the last two people sorry can't remember their names, last week and this week were my hardest. Today I showered and went to the grocery store, didn't buy much thought I would split it up into 2 different trips and was totally exhausted afterwards. I do agree you should tell your Dr. though, to make sure evertything is okay. I will be 4 weeks post op Thursday and have an appt my Dr has me off until December 7th, and today in the mail I get a letter from my boss, telling me i am only allowed 6 weeks leave,(unpaid by the way) so I am rethinking going back to them to work. Just needed to vent,
Unread 11-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Week 3 confessions

Very Gentle 's but do call the doc and let him or her know what happened.

I remember the first trip to the grocery store. I kept thinking people were going to run into me with their buggy. During my first alone trip to Walmart, I was in the very back in the craft dept and the tiredness hit me. I hadn't even done any grocery shopping yet. Didn't think I was gonna make it through it. Got home, put the groceries up, and stayed in the bed the rest of the day!

Still have those days at work when I think I can't make it through the rest of the day!

It'll get better though!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register