HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Natural Personal Lubricant? Natural Personal Lubricant?

Unread 11-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Natural Personal Lubricant?

I'm in the process of tapering myself off of hormones and have vaginal dryness.. I'd like to beable to use a all natural lubricant and was wondering if anyone has ever made their Own home remedy for a personal lubricant? Also does anyone know if Organic Olive Oil would be ok to use as a personal lubricant? I have a lot of problems with using the store bought lubricants.. if anyone could help me it would be appricated! thanks!
Unread 11-25-2005, 04:26 PM

Personally, I would not use organic olive oil as a personal lubricant. I would recommend that you do a web-search for "non-hormonal natural personal lubricants". You might find the product you are searching for.

Good luck to you!

Carol
Unread 11-26-2005, 09:06 AM

Thanks Carol for the tip on searching the web for the lubricant but I'm really looking for some recipe that I can make my own with all natural ingredients since I can't have all of the extra ingredients that are added to all the commerical products out there.. My body just doesn't agree with those chemicals.
Also what are the vitamins, herbs & minerals that would be good to take to help my bodies moisture level? My skin is so dry everywhere.. thanks
Unread 11-26-2005, 02:59 PM

what about evening primrose oil?
Unread 11-26-2005, 03:58 PM

I have tried the evening primrose oil by mouth for a long time but it didn't help any with viginal dryness at all..
Unread 11-26-2005, 04:20 PM

I have heard of women using the vitamin E capsules for dryness. Just prick the capsule with a pin and squeeze the contents into the vagina. I haven't personally used it, but it might be worth a try.
Unread 11-27-2005, 12:02 AM

Is there someone in your area that practices holistic medicine? Also, you can probably find some books in the library or bookstore. One book you may want to avoid is "Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About" by Kevin Trudeau. I picked it up and browsed through it at Wal-Mart. I didn't find it very helpful, and I don't trust the author.

Good luck to you!

Carol
Unread 11-27-2005, 01:47 PM

my aunts doctor (gyn) told her to use olive oil. She uses her finger to apply it but you can also use a cotton ball. she applies it on the inside and out and has for 2 yrs. with no problems. i tried it, but it wasn't enough lubrication for me. hope this helps.
Unread 12-01-2005, 10:26 AM

beachlady, I tried the vitamin E capsules before inserting the whole vit. E capsule and it does help to strengthen the tissue, it has to be used nightly, but used a a personal lubricant did not work for me cuz it is just too thick..
LAmiss, I don't know if there is someone who practices holistic medicine here but I'm going to start looking, thanks for that reminder. I've never read the book "Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About" by Kevin Trudeau, but I've heard good and bad about it..
whitetitan89, We tried the olive oil, I bought the Organic cold pressed Extra Virgin Olive oil.. It does help but like you it is not enough lubrication for me but will do until I can find something better..
Thanks for all the replies..
Unread 12-01-2005, 11:42 AM

CajunGal:

I found a sample-size bottle of "Nude--Certified Organic Lubricant". I don't remember how I obtained it. It states on the bottle, "California Certified Organic Farmers". There is a website printed on the bottle, <Oops! Posting commercial websites isn't allowed. Please do a Google search or request the website in a PM or e-mail. Thank you!> Perhaps if you e-mailed them, they might send you a free sample-size bottle for you to try.

Good luck to you!

Carol

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.