4 weeks tvh, a&p, bladder sling recovery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks tvh, a&p, bladder sling recovery 4 weeks tvh, a&p, bladder sling recovery

Unread 12-12-2005, 09:07 AM
4 weeks tvh, a&p, bladder sling recovery

ok, now im nervous i have been looking around and had not seen any one speak yet of a bladder sling. i am only 4 weeks today, had a tvh, a&p and a bladder sling. Still having quite a time with all of it. I find myself panting when urinating, not a lot of pain just weird, and I know im not emptying my bladder. i saw something in there that looked big and yellowish white, hopefully im not going to have complications. At my 2 week, he said to put in a small tampon every night with some premerin cream on the end. you dont suppose he saw a problem do you??
help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2005, 10:37 AM

Omg I cannot believe he told you to put a tampon up there both my gyno and uro said absolutly no sex or penetration for 6 weeks. wow but I am having to use estrase cream too. It helps to thicken your vaginal wall.
Unread 12-12-2005, 08:44 PM

Four weeks is very early in your recovery from all that you had done. And, I agree, 4 weeks seems a little early to be inserting a tampon??!! If he has you inserting a tampon why not just insert the premarin cream applicator and get a good dose of the cream up there? But my dr said nothing inserted until I go back for my post op and that is just after my bladder sling release. After the tvh nothing inserted for 6 weeks and the same with my vaginal vault prolapse surgery. Very wierd! You are probably still very swollen and just in the very first stages of healing after all of that so that you are having some trouble peeing and maybe not emptying is no surprise. Did you come home with a catheter to retrain your bladder?
Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2005, 09:24 PM

Haven't been on in a while, thanks for your replies. I just went to the Dr. yesterday, Thursday, and he told me to stop using the tampons, and to start just putting some cream in with the applicator as you mentioned. He told me to wait 2 days though, and to go back to a pad. (He said i am still quite swollen?) I was just released to drive, (5 weeks Monday). I tried to go to c.v.s. this morning, and came home for the day after 30 minutes. I cant believe how soar i am still.
Sherry sorry i did not see your question, No he did not send me with the cath, i was glad the nurse begged him even though i still had over 200 cc's or something like that, i dont remember, I just know that they gave me two chances to void and then did an ultra sound to see how much was still in me, it was more than he usually lets you go with, but decided to. im going a little better now, but i still feel it is not right, and doing the weird panting thing! I hope i start feeling better soon, im going stir crazy here!
thanks, and Happy Holidays Ladies!
I know i have had more work done too, im not that big on all the abbreviations but he told me he did the works, and i believe it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register