HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Sex and cystocele? Sex and cystocele?

Unread 12-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Sex and cystocele?

What is the trick to having painfree sex with cystocele?
Unread 12-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Sex and cystocele?

I would try different positions to see what is most comfortable. I had pain in some positions and not others. Hope this helps! Plenty of lube is good too.
Sherry
Unread 12-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Sex and cystocele?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Emma
I would try different positions to see what is most comfortable. I had pain in some positions and not others. Hope this helps! Plenty of lube is good too.
Sherry

Will my hubby "hit" my bladder at all by being in there? or do any damage?
Unread 12-28-2005, 09:48 PM
sex

I never had any pain with it, but my problem was I would push my DH out of my vagina. When I would have an orgasm, forget it, my DH couldnt stay in. It is actually your abdomnial wall that is collapsing and your bladder has nothing to hold it up. So you are not really coming in direct contact with your bladder. I felt like I had to pee during sex and embarrassing enough would pee alittle during the big "O". Great huh!!
Unread 12-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Sex and cystocele?

Ya know 24Dupont I have always had that feeling like I need to pee duing sex and I sware I have during the big "O" how sad!!!! so what we feel coming down in our vaginas is the abdominal wall??????

P.S. HMS rules
Unread 12-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Sex and cystocele?

Cherrykitty,
I think she meant the vaginal wall - my doctor told me it was like you have a run in your vaginal wall and the bladder is poking in the run area - but the vaginal skin is in tact - just super thin. I can't find any lubrication that works I've tried Replens, astroglide, KY liquid - everything dries out within minutes any suggestions? Anyone? I end up irritated and sore. I used to pee during the big 'O' but since removing my prolapsed uterus - that symptom is gone.
Unread 12-29-2005, 03:59 PM
oopps

You are right, I did mean the vaginal wall. I have the same problem with lubes, they just don't hang in there very long. I might as well stick it under the faucet just to keep it wet.
Unread 12-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Sex and cystocele?

Hi Bowlinggrl and 24 Dupont!!

I had the same problem with the OTC lubes. They burned/irritated me and actually made things worse. Using them before sex was a double whammy - irritation from the lubes and sex...great huh???
I decided to try the lube that is sold here on this site - it has been a god send----not only do I have no more burning and irritation, but the stuff lasts for hours and is very soothing. I ordered my second bottle a few weeks ago - I never want to be caught without a bottle on hand. Please give it a try - I don't think you'll be disappointed!
Unread 12-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Sex and cystocele?

Oh, one other thing .. you might want to ask your doctor about a vaginal estrogen (I use vagifem). The estrogen that goes directly into the vagina is absorbed by the vaginal walls so very little crosses over into the blood stream; it really does help with dryness and incontinence. There is a very good thread about vaginal dryness on this site - check it out. (Sorry but I don't know the direct link)
Unread 12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Sex and cystocele?

I second the vaginal estrogen..this has been a godsend to me! I use Premarin cream that you insert in the vagina twice weekly. It was originally prescribed to me by my gyn right after my hyst because I had horrible vaginal dryness where I would actually bleed. Then after I had my vaginal vault prolapse surgery last Jan. my urogyn prescribed it again saying it really helps with healing. He just gave me a new prescription. I can't live without it. Have had Vagifem too which is excellent, but it is very expensive for me on my insurance for some reason. Another thing that has helped me is using Summer's Eve sensitive skin feminine bath gel. I think it is ph balanced and very nonirritating which seems to help me with the dryness issue. Even if you use vagifem or premarin cream though I would use a good water based lube like Astroglide.
Sherry

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.