How Long for back pain, "cramps", etc.??? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Long for back pain, "cramps", etc.??? How Long for back pain, "cramps", etc.???

Unread 04-14-2001, 03:13 PM
How Long for back pain, "cramps", etc.???

Hi. This message is really for those of you who are 6 wks. or more post-op. I am just over 4 wks. post-op and I am wondering how much longer I can expect lower back pain, "cramping" (for lack of a better term), and general aches and pains associated with healing. I experience these things especially when I've been on my feet for awhile, even after only a couple of hours sometimes. I know everyone is different, but I would like to get an idea of what some of your experiences have been. Having dealt with sometimes debilitating chronic pain for a year and a half prior to surgery, I am a little anxious to be pain-free, and especially to not need any pain meds. Luckily, I can make it all night pain-free with Vioxx, but this wears off in 10-12 hrs. and you can only take it once a day. During the day, I have to rely on stronger pain meds. or tylenol. I am also very worried about going back to work in 2 weeks and being on my feet alot. It's just the times I have to actually take the stronger pain meds and get off my feet I am worried about, which is not all day long, but as you can imagine, the idea of going back to work and not having this as an option is frightening! Sometimes, I think to myself, "what am I complaining about," because at least the constant chronic pain is gone! Thank God for that!! Thanks for listening and I appreciate any experiences you can share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2001, 05:34 PM
Yeah. I can imagine

Hi,

Yep, I can imagine you might be concerned about going back to work and being on your feet for long periods of time. I still have pain that makes me very uncomfortable on the right side after I've been up for awhile. However, we all heal differently, and two weeks is a good chunk of time so you could be feeling quite a bit better by then. I am still not cleared for lifting my 2 year old granddaughter, but others are lifting earlier. Hopefully you'll be better soon and be able to go back to work without too much discomfort.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register