And another thing... | Michigan | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Michigan

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

And another thing... And another thing...

Unread 01-25-2006, 06:42 AM
Red face - And another thing... And another thing...

I forgot to ask this, does anyone know if there is a side effect of weight loss/gain after surgery, besides the swelling associated with the procedure itself?? (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the weight loss!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2006, 07:48 AM
And another thing...

Each person is different, but in general I don't think there is a "side effect" to loosing weight on a healthy diet, other than the positive effect of the weight loss.

Just make sure you take a multi vitamin and perhaps a calcium supplement and maybe a B complex set of vites. I need to loose weight too, big time.
Unread 01-25-2006, 08:27 AM
And another thing...

IWBR
I too was a little freaked out, and had heard so many horror stories about weight gain. My Dr asked me what was the heaviest I had ever been, and that really got my mind up and running! Everyone is different, but I ended up loosing weight. I don't deprive myself but I just don't have the same appitite as I use too. It seems I eat less and fill up faster. I take vitamins, and drink a lot more water than I use too. So I think the weight issue just really depends on the individual and the lifestyle much like it does before surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2006, 12:24 PM
And another thing...

I lost weight because of the smaller amount of food I could eat. It was only about 5-8 lbs, but that was the weight I had put on taking propanolol for migraines.
Unread 01-25-2006, 04:34 PM
And another thing...

((( IWBR ))), I lost a few pounds right after my hyst too. I couldn't eat mush and didn't really have an appetite at first either. It does seem to differ from person toperson though.
Please consider visiting the Pre Op message board click here . The ladies there are great with sharing info and experiences too.

Best wishes.

s

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register