HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

How does removal of the female cervix effect a male"s climax? How does removal of the female cervix effect a male"s climax?

Unread 01-25-2006, 06:39 PM
How does removal of the female cervix effect a male"s climax?

can anyone tell me if I have my cervix removed will it effect my husband's sexual satisfaction. I have heard that after the removal of a woman's cervix some men have a hard time reaching a climax because there is not enough friction during intercourse. Can men feel a wife's cervix with their penis? Sorry for the blunt question, I'm just curious!
Unread 01-25-2006, 06:47 PM

It didn't hurt our sex life. My DH had no problems with climax and my cervix is gone.

Hope this helps,
Mustang30
Unread 01-25-2006, 08:33 PM

I no longer have a cervix. My husband said that he feels no difference at all. I don't think that the vaginal cuff would feel any different than a cervix to a man during intercourse. I feel no difference either.
Unread 01-25-2006, 09:40 PM

It doesn't... but why are you more concerned with his climax than your own?
Unread 01-26-2006, 06:11 AM

Before my surgery, I had a long talk with my sil and my aunt, who had both had hysts. I wanted to know how this surgery could possibly affect us both so neither of us would be surprised if things were different. I then talked to my dh and we both talked to my doctor. (dh almost crawled under exam table when I asked) I think when each of you think of the other person first, it's both emotionally and physically rewarding. Fortunately for us, there is no difference.

Great question!
Unread 01-26-2006, 09:04 AM

My dh has never mentioned my cervix (or lack thereof). Even if he could tell, I can't believe that it would make a difference, satisfaction-wise.

Just my on the subject. But for us, it has made no difference.
Unread 01-26-2006, 09:34 AM

I understand your concern as I had the same ? before my surgery. Although every person is different I am happy to say that our "sessions" are much better than before as I am not in pain anymore. Just make sure to give yourself plenty of healing time.
Unread 01-26-2006, 10:09 AM

Well,It takes two to tango, and I've already read that the sexual satisfation in females is the same after cervix removal.
Unread 01-26-2006, 10:35 AM

Thanks for asking the question Hot Mimi, I've had the same question on my mind too. My hysterectomy is on Feb. 10th. My husband and I have only been married 17 months so sex is a big issue and I don't want it to be any worse than it already is. My poor husband has to listen to me turn him down almost everyday because I'm afraid it will hurt. It usually does. I'm glad to see so far that the tally seems to be in our favor that our husbands won't notice a difference. My husband can feel my cervix so I didn't want him to feel like he "couldn't get to the end of the road". His pleasure is just as important to me as mine! Best of luck!!!
Unread 01-26-2006, 10:53 AM

My DH hasn't complained at all. As matter of fact my Dr. said that my vagina would actually be tighter due to some procedure that he did. My DH agreed!!!!!!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.