HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Did anyone else have the gurgling in stomach? Did anyone else have the gurgling in stomach?

Unread 01-30-2006, 04:50 AM
Did anyone else have the gurgling in stomach?

I'm 3 weeks post-op and had a realitively uneventful surgery. I'm now having these unbelievable noises going on in my stomach area... I don't know if it is just gas or what. I've been experiencing this for about 4 days. It's come with very watery stool as well. I was fine before that. I'm not sure if this is because of the surgery, or maybe something else. I also have very little appetite. I have no incisions and have healed well. Would this be happening this late after surgery?
Unread 01-30-2006, 06:17 AM

Hi, this is very weird...I didnt even think anything about it til i seen your post!I had my surgery 1 day after you. I also get the gurgling stomach..Just wanted to let ya no, it was happening here also. Cant tell ya what it is but?I also get the watery stool occassionally..Upset stomach when i am up walking around..We were at Lowes yesterday and i felt like i needed to sprint to the bathroom..An upset stomach these days can come on so sudden. UGH...
Amber
Unread 01-30-2006, 06:59 AM

I am getting the gurgling stomach thing- i am 4 days post op and i think its gas...i have some watery stools but i am on stool softners too...take care
Unread 01-30-2006, 07:37 AM

I had that also until about 3.5 weeks. I felt like everyone around me could hear the noise. My surgeon told me it would subside and it did. Some of it was gas some of it was trama. Silence is golden!!

Lthootie
Unread 01-30-2006, 08:19 AM

Thank you so much for your responses... i stocked up on pepto and anti-gas medicine. We'll see if that helps. I didn't know if because my uterus wasn't there anymore, maybe things are shifting around inside. Anyway, thanks again.
Unread 01-30-2006, 01:35 PM

Hi! I deal with IBS and have had what I thought were some bad bouts after my surgery. I use immodium, a half dose and it seems to be what works for me. At one point pre surgery I was on it daily to have a normal movement, now I take it only when the onset comes on. I have found a half dose won't stop you from going- constipate you for days- but will make it normal again. I was worse between weeks 3 & 4 and hit week 4 on friday. The noise is terrible and I was so glad when it was gone. I did fibercon for years and know what you mean by the comment. Today I have alot of gas pains so I hope it goes away soon! Check with the doctor, but I have found pepto will block you up worse if you use it alot.

Doll doc/stacy Tah-bso
Unread 01-30-2006, 02:02 PM

Oh my!! I started with the gurgling noises the first day after surgery. I laid in my hospital bed the second night and thought they could hear my stomach in the hall. I have been suffering terrible with the gas. This has been my worst complaint. My husband went out and bought me gas-x which has really helped alot. But I am still suffering! The gas pressure is making my incision hurt more!!
Unread 01-30-2006, 04:31 PM

Giiiiiiirrrrrrlllllssss, let me tell ya about the gurgle!! In the hospital the gas pain and gurgle just about killed me. It was worse than the pain from surgery. I was very swollen with gas for about 2 1/2 weeks. Took Gas X extra strength which helped some. I have IBS so I do struggle with this off and on as well. I am going to take the advice about 1/2 dose of Immodium next time I have an attack. Bottom line is it WILL GET BETTER!! Part of it could be from the narcotics taken, which causes constipation and gets our tummies all a-twitter. Good luck, and my thoughts are with you all.
KCat
Unread 01-30-2006, 04:54 PM

Hi! Forgot to mention, I like the immodium advanced as it has a gas reliver as well. Just drink lots of water as it helps. I never had constipation from the surgery, which would have been nice since I have the opposite problem and have for years. I've been told it will get better after the surgery and I pray it to be true. The half dose will help!

Doll doc/stacy
Unread 01-30-2006, 06:16 PM

hi.i am only 4 days post-op,and for me,the LOUD girglling started day 3 in the castle..so yesterday,..since friday,i have also had chronic diareah,anytime i eat or drink...i also did this same thing right after my gall bladder surgery,and lost over 80!!!pounds from the diareah..my doc at the time told me,sometimes,people who have abdominal surgery will develope this diareah,sometimes it goes to extream,sometimes it doesnt...sonie

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.