HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Symptoms After Partial Hysterectomy ~ Have  you experienced these? Symptoms After Partial Hysterectomy ~ Have you experienced these?

Unread 01-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Symptoms After Partial Hysterectomy ~ Have you experienced these?

I had my surgery on October 14th of 2003 due to having a hard time with my tubiligation I got when my daugher was born. After the surgery I felt ontop of the world and was on cloud 9. As soon as I hit the 1 year anniversary of my surgery I started having problems again. Now I have severe pains on either the left or right side of my pelvic area to the point to where I'm not able to stand and just fall over. After the serious pains I have lower back pain for hours and nothing makes them go away, not even musle relaxers. I feel like I am having cramps like I did when I had periods, hotflashes, swelling, breast tenderness, headaches, fatigue, loss of appitite and a few others. I have a Dr appointment coming up on Feb 14th to see if I can get a referal outside of the military hospital due to them not being able to care about what is wrong with me. I mentioned some of the symptoms to the OBGYN when I went 4 months ago and she just blew it off. Now they are worse then they were then plus now I have more problems then I did then.

If anyone has any information that they can offer I am all ears. I am trying to learn everything I can so that when I go see my Primary Dr I can show him I know what I'm talking about.

Hugs To Everyone, Angie
Unread 02-01-2006, 11:07 AM
hi

Hi Angie,
You are not alone in this boat for sure! I am going to the doctor this afternoon because of my on-going pains from hyst 2 1/2 years ago. My problems started right away though, not like yours, a year later. Do you have your ovaries? I have heard that adhesions can take a while in some people to cause pain, so maybe it's ashesions? This is a terrible road to be on, and the doctor go-round in terrible on your mental health also.
Unread 02-01-2006, 07:56 PM

I am curious to know if you still have your ovaries? Cysts on the ovaries can cause some of the symptoms you described. Before I had my ovaries removed I would get horrible pain like you describe--and when I would have an u/s it would show cysts. Then when the cyst would rupture it would cause unbearable pain in my side/groin and lower back.

I hope you are able to get into a doctor soon! My dh was Navy for many years so I understand what it is like to go to the military doctors.

Hugs
Becky
Unread 02-07-2006, 06:47 PM

Hi
Thanks so much for your replys it I really feel better now that I'm not alone. I do still have my ovaries and at the time when they did my surgery back in Oct of 2005 they didn't see anything wrong. But when they took out my uterus they saw what they told me were bumps all over my uterus. The Dr that I spoke to last week told me that they are cysts. Why I wasn't told that in the beginning I don't know. I did have a very very faint pain after my surgery and it didn't happen very often so I didn't think much of it at all. Just thought it could be scar tissue. Over time the pains got worse and oh my gosh I feel like I'm in full labor with how bad it can be and my lower back oh my gosh!! I did go to the Dr 4 months ago and the lady I saw just looked at me and told me that I am too young for the problems I'm having and just blew me off. So far this month they haven't gone away after my cycle like they usually do. This time I asked male Dr because I feel they listen better. I'm am 34 just incase you want to know. I have had problems since I was 16 years of age starting with PMD. It has been a long road and I don't want the removal of my ovaries to be the answer. I will email again tomorrow after I get back from the Dr and let you know what he says.

HUGS TO EVERY SISTER!
Angie

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.