HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

fluid buildup above incision anyone? fluid buildup above incision anyone?

Unread 03-01-2006, 07:22 AM
fluid buildup above incision anyone?

Thanks to all of you. This site has helped me enormously since doctors here (Spain) are great but don't provide much help for all the questions/fears we have before surgery so I've been reading up a lot. I went for my 10 day checkup today. I had a big bulge above my incision and the doctor said it was liquid buildup that stayed inside instead of finding its way out so he inserted a needle - ouch - and removed a lot of clear liquid. It looks ok now but I wasn't ready for any needles today. Anyway, he said about a month (from now)till I'm back to normal activities. Anyone else had liquid removed. Does it come back again?

By the way, I wasn't shaved (doctor said growing out hairs cause more infections)and had tiny stiches that will dissolve - scar is perfect. I only stayed in the hospital 3 days and have needed no more pain killers since then.
Unread 03-01-2006, 06:07 PM

Hi (((Muchi))) and to Hyster Sisters. You'll see that this is really an awesome web site where you'll find sisters, support and information you can actually use... as well as lots of s

I do not have any insight for you as I had a TVH, but I just wanted to wish you all the best
Unread 03-01-2006, 07:45 PM

I had fluid build up above my incision and the doctor tried to remove with a needle but said that he was getting too much blood so he quit. Then about 1 1/2 weeks post op the liquid gushed out of my incision. It was totally discusting but boy did my incision feel better! The fluid built up again but not as bad but my incision continues to drain. My doctor said that is was actually better for me to have it come out this way and that eventually it will heal from the inside out. It is only a small area that is open and I just need to keep it clean and watch for signs of infection. Your body will eventually absorb the extra fluid if it does build back up.
Unread 03-01-2006, 07:59 PM

i just got out of the hospital due to this "build up"..its called a seroma..and normally they dont cause any real harm,there just irritating,however,mine became infected,which is bad...they were going to take me into surgery to drain it ad clean out the infection,but thank god,a place in my incision popped open,and the seroma and infection is now draining out..its rather gross,but a heck of a lot better than another surgery.....keep a eye on it,check for redness,sweling,and for me,my skin actually started to wrinkle inward as the seroma became more infected and so big...good luck...sonie
Unread 03-01-2006, 09:09 PM

I am going on Friday for an ultrasound because DR thinks I might have a fluid build up because of the pain I am in and an exam he did the other day --
Unread 03-01-2006, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grl2324
I am going on Friday for an ultrasound because DR thinks I might have a fluid build up because of the pain I am in and an exam he did the other day --
if you dont mind,where is your pain at??i still have severe BAD pain just to the right of my bellybutton...while in the hospital this last time,they did a ct scan,and told me i had fluid and air in my abdomin,and told me it was worse on that right side..just makes me wonder if its anything more.....sonie
Unread 03-02-2006, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniek
if you dont mind,where is your pain at??i still have severe BAD pain just to the right of my bellybutton...while in the hospital this last time,they did a ct scan,and told me i had fluid and air in my abdomin,and told me it was worse on that right side..just makes me wonder if its anything more.....sonie
my pain is on the right below my belly button - I thought I was going to go through the roof when he did the exam the other day -- you should call your DR if the pain is that bad --- I wasn't suppose to see my DR again until the end of March -- but called and told the nurse about my pain and where it was and she got my in the next day to see him -- it could be nothing, but worth the check up -- keep me posted --

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway