HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Shrinking Clitoris? Shrinking Clitoris?

Unread 03-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Shrinking Clitoris?

Hi Sisters, I'm very sorry if this is TMI but I could sure use some input. I was checking things out with a mirror "down there" because I have been dry and such and I have been using Estrace creme for that. (but I don't think its working) I am seeing my NP on Tuesday and wanted to take a look. Well, I swear to you, that it looks like my clitoris has gotten alot smaller? I have noticed when I wipe that it almost feels like that area's kinda sunken in.( I am so sorry if this is graphic) And I don't feel very sensitive there anymore. It's just a little bump in a sea of skin. No wonder I have no libido. *sigh*

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or what could cause it?
Unread 03-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Shrinking Clitoris?

You might have your hormones tested. Maybe your testosterone level is low. This hormone helps libido as well.

I hope you some answers soon.

s
Unread 03-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Shrinking Clitoris?

Hi Shera I`m having something somewhat similar......I`m having a hormone panel done in 2 weeks.....I think it`s my testosterone level...............hope you find out what it is too..........................
Unread 03-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Shrinking Clitoris?

Thanks for the replys Sisters. It seems like I'm on the right track with them checking my hormones. I will re-post after the appt on Tues. But I'm guessing that my lab results won't come back for days.
...If there's any other advice you can add I'm all ears!
Unread 03-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Shrinking Clitoris?

I had the same problem and now that I am on the hormone patch my clitoris is hurting. What the heck is this all about???
Unread 03-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Shrinking Clitoris?

Work with your doctor on your estrogen, progesterone and testerone levels. That's the only thing that's saved my libido. I also have noticed my clitorus is smaller but keep applying estrogen and testerone cream to it to keep it from getting any smaller. My libido is fantastic though. At 41 (almost 42) I can relate to this concern. We have some good years left and we want to enjoy them! Find a doctor who agrees.
Unread 03-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Shrinking Clitoris?

It is too early for me to even think about doing anything about libido, but I have already dreamed about sex twice since I have been home, so I assume that is a good thing....lol. And I still enjoy seeing dh naked. I think I will be ok. I am so sore now I imagine it will be along time before we can do anything.
Unread 05-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Shrinking Clitoris?

how long after a hyst do these things happen.....the shrinkage of the clitoris?
Unread 05-16-2006, 04:42 AM
Shrinking Clitoris?

This is the first time that I have heard of this.

Let us know what your NP says shera and what your test say ms.kitty. I am curious to know both your answers.
Unread 05-16-2006, 05:06 AM
I found this on "OBGYN.net-Ask the Expert

Sorry......I just realized that this was an old post and don't know how to stop this post from going out.

Question: Lichen Sclerosis
What can you tell me about this? I am not able to find relief. I am on hormones which sometimes help a little. I would appreciate any advice or information that you can supply.
Thank-you so much.

Answer:
This could fill a small book, but in a nutshell...lichen sclerosis is a chronic, but benign vulvar condition marked by thinning of the surface epithelium and shrinkage of the labia. It is most common in postmenopausal women along with pre-pubertal patients, but can occur at any age. It is diagnosed by biopsy (this is very important, since other vulvar conditions, some of them worrisome ones, can look similar). It used to be treated with topical testosterone proprionate in petroleum and even progesterone, but both treatments have pretty much gone out of fashion for many reasons. Nowadays, LS is treated very well with highly potent topical corticosteroid creams.

Your best bet is to get a second opinion (and make sure the diagnosis has been confirmed by biopsy) and ask about topical corticosteroids.

Good luck, and thank you for your e-mail!

David Toub, M.D.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.